Hughesnet Community

Worse than AT&T uverse

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonem01

Worse than AT&T uverse

We live in a rural area and have not had any luck with internet. We switched to uverse because we were promised it was faster than DSL. Our speed actually slowed down. We have now switched to HughesNet and it is still not great service. I have done several “HughesNet” speed test and all the test are great, however we can not watch Netflix and have a phone on WiFi at all. The service worked great for about 2 days. Now ever as I type this my husband can not watch a movie because I have to have WiFi to post this. I am so tired of being lied to by internet companies. We have to have it for our kids to do home work but if they do homework we can’t watch tv. We don’t have satellite tv we only watch Netflix and amazon.
6 REPLIES 6

Jezra,  that's not the point!  The point is we purchased a service based on what we were told and thought we'd get.  I'm sure most of us did for a few days to a few months.  I had great speeds from April to Sept-Oct.  It's steadily gotten worse over the last 3-4 months.  If I was buying a car based on the best fuel economy I could find, purchased that car because the salesman told me it got 50 mpg but it only got 6, I'd have every right to demand they fix it or put me in a new car that got the promised mpg.  I'm so tired of corporations not doing what they advertise they can/will do.

You make an intresting point about how the first day, first week, first month service seems to be as advertised, then the bottom falls out and there is no one there to help.... I would suggest testmy.net which is a speed test. Run the test several times a day and save the results. I have been trying to resolve my issues for weeks, with no success. The speed test results I suspect will come in handy at some point when I get totally frustrated and drop this usless service.  

Still don't think it's the point.  And yes, I research things to the extreme but that isn't the point either.  We shouldn't have to do research.  If a company says their product/service will do A B and C and not D then I expect the service to provide A B and C and not D...period!  People have gotten too complacent. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@monicakm wrote:

Still don't think it's the point.  And yes, I research things to the extreme but that isn't the point either.  We shouldn't have to do research.  If a company says their product/service will do A B and C and not D then I expect the service to provide A B and C and not D...period!  People have gotten too complacent. 

Maybe we shouldn't have to do research but......in the real world we do. I look at car commercials and laugh, going a hundred miles an hour on moutain roads. Very small disclaimer about a closed road and don't do it.

I honestly believe about 40-50 percent what is advertised by any company these days. Not being complacent, just realistic, and make purchases accordingly.

Trust me, it has gone too far, consumers are the sheep. We aren't going to change anything unless we stop consuming what coporations are providing. Not going to happen.

Maybe if we all start growing our own food, raising livestock and living off grid with no Internet or electronic devices then we'll need no research. Research is the only thing that gives consumers any power, allows for an educated choice/decision on what to purchase.

PS: Have you ever gotten a burger that looks like this from a certain fast food place? Is what they advertise. Mine has squished bun, not as much meat, fewer pickles........One day I'm going to walk in and ask for one that looks exactly like it.

hotg-tn-nav.jpg

You know that hamburger was sprayed with shellac.Smiley Happy

I knew going in that Satellite internet sucked, but it's my only option.I'm actually pleasantly surprised I've been able to do what I do. I agree about research. I only believe about 10 % of the hype, I'm a little more skeptical than you.

>>One day I'm going to walk in and ask for one that looks exactly like it.<<

I've done that 🙂