cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst ISP Ever

Worst ISP Ever

It doesn't matter what package I get or what deals I am offered, Hughes Net is the worst service provider ever.  Splitting data between waking and sleeping hours is highway robbery.  I don't care what they say.  It's downright bad business.  A bloody rip off.  Can't watch videos.  Can't play games.  WTF are you guys good for?  I've said it many times and I'll keep on saying it.  Get with the times.  Limited data?  Get real!  Split?  Give me a break.  You suck!
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Worst ISP Ever

Charles what good would it do her to go back to that thread!! The only advice given was to view a thread that NO LONGER exist!!!!!!!
Associate Professor

Maybe it was marked private? I don't know.  But, four months ago that thread was open.  Not my fault if OP didn't read the first time.

Your right not your fault it wasn't read the first time (for all we know , she did) Fact is sometimes things need to be read and reread to get the point accross! I myself read that same reply by Mr. Cook numerous times  couldn't tell you the last but I can tell you that MOST of what was stated has escaped my memory. Maybe you could quote what was said so that the OP dsoesn't feel like shes being called out just cuz she missed the VACANT post..

As a side note we're or you as a designated CHAMP are here to HELP not treat someone like there an idiot just because you read something they didn't!! How bout some actual help or explanation, I would but MANY, myself included didn't agree 100% with Mr. Cook's stance! Whilst I will agree unlimited will never happen and do understand why there were SEVERAL other ideas thrown into that thread that weren't even given a second glance such as a rollover plan with tokens instead of filling a bucket!!

Hi Cheryl,

We're sorry you're not happy with our data plans - however we'd like to get to the core of your concerns. How much data do you actually need per month? Have you heard about our new SmartBrowsing plans? We've come a long way since the old thread you were referred to and have more to offer you. Please give us an idea of what you're household data might be like and we can work to get you something to fit your needs.

Just as a side note, hopefully we'll have something more official soon, but Bonus Bytes are meant to be used for large downloads or updates that can be scheduled overnight. We do not ask or force our customers to stay up until 2AM when there are scheduling tools built into your computers already. We also have a number of customers who get up at 5 or 6AM to feed the chickens or just read the news and have coffee. At this time, they are still in the Bonus Period. Since there is not very many people online between 2-8AM, speeds are much faster than peak times and allow you to download more overnight. I hope I was able to provide some insight.

Thank you,
Amanda
Assistant Professor

And I still say you can watch quite a bit of NetFlix on the lowest definition setting even with just a 10GB Anytime plan. Plus no buffering!
I watched two 42 minute episodes of a show last night. The download speed it was doing hovered between 400-600Kbps mostly and peaked at about 1.2Mbps periodically. Sure it isn't HD but it is very watchable on 32" screen or below.
Does seem to take a few minutes before the quality of the video settles in, a bit ragged on the edges at first then slowly goes away.
I think most people's system can definitely handle that kind of speed unless something is seriously wrong.
Highlighted

Morning all , I'm not getting off into this one !!!!!    but all have a great day !!!
Assistant Professor

And scroll down to the bottom part of this link, talks about what "unlimited data" on cell service really means:  http://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/4G-LTE-Phones-on-Unlimited-Data-Plans

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Lie, Cheat, Steal.

Oh hey, after a year or so of your ... "service," I just had a BRILLIANT idea (which I'm sure no one else has ever suggested ... or it fell upon deaf ears).  How about actually letting us use the data we pay for any time we want?  OMG!  What a concept!  Right?  I mean really.  I just have to keep putting this out here because I will never be satisfied with your "service."  Just don't want you to forget what a complete and utter failure you are as an ISP.