cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

This is a customer community. We are customers, with no extra pay or benefits from Hughesnet.  Many people are happy with the service. We post here to improve our knowledge of the system and to learn how to maximize our network within the limits of satellite internet.  If you have cable available to you, you should rush to open an account.
Highlighted

I am a customer, supposedly just like you.  I will post my issues and complaints where I feel necessary.  You will not be able to fix my problem as it has to do with the service in general.  There is nothing false regarding my statements.
Highlighted

Why else would you waste all of your time on here?  You're not looking to be part of the solution, but only part of the problem. You should go over to this site maratsade --- https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/hughes.html  Maybe you can talk down the 2000 complaints on there, where more are being added daily...
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

You have cable in your area. What are you waiting for? Pay the ETF and don't look back.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

"Why else would you waste all of your time on here?"

Let me toss in an answer to that one:

I have been a Hughesnet subscriber for over 12 years. I have no other option other than a satellite connection except for a very "iffy" DSL service ... and I do mean "iffy".

Over the years I likely have had every issue possible. I also understand the frustration in dealing with the lower tier script driven phone support option.

I built and repair computers along with other electronics and as stated above have a long history using Hughes systems.

I post here in an effort to shorten the learning curve of fellow users that perhaps do not have my level of experience or understanding of computers, networking and dealing with the quirks of a satellite internet connection.

I enjoy helping people.

Highlighted
Freshman

If you have been with them for "over a year" then after one year your ETF will probably be less than $250.
Highlighted

My whole reason for posting on here was to tell people not to sign up for this service, and let them know of the scammy hooks (IE Tokens).  I'm glad we can both agree that if you have a cable option, don't even think twice on this company.  Seems that is the overwhelming consensus on here --- Hughesnet is to be only a last ditch effort to get some sort of internet in an area where you have no other option.  
At that point you will constantly be struggling with it, paying a premium, and having to join these forums the rest of your life to hopefully keep it working 'ok' and keep you somewhat sane via venting and receiving satisfaction for trying to help every other disgruntled customer...
Highlighted

Oh don't you worry, I will rush to cable soon and put Hughesnet out of my mind  hopefully forever.  However, I'm not leaving quietly...  can't even believe this company exists.
Highlighted

I work in real estate and look forward to emailing all of my colleagues across the state about warning any clients of using this service when moving into a new home...
Highlighted

Many more are not happy with their service.... https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/hughes.html