cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Re: Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Somehow throttling the data to a crawl on people once you hit a data limit keeps a burden off the satellites from sending data or it becoming too overloaded??  But we can go ahead and overload the satellites buy paying extra fee for tokens??  Scam.  So if we all suddenly decided to buy tokens, and use more data then it could handle the satellite would then do what? Magically explode?  Freeze? Stop functioning? Give us somehow even slower internet??  If you can't see that this is a scam to sell tokens you are blinded by propaganda or money....
Honorary Alumnus

Only a percentage of users will purchase tokens.
Same as with the airlines. Oversell the number of seats because there will always be no-shows.
You are trying to make a sat connection fit the same "shape" as a ground based ISP.
There is no comparison.

A "scam" is when someone misrepresents the product. There are key items that are required to be disclosed during the sales call. If those key items are not disclosed the ETF may be waived.
Highlighted
New Poster

Freshman

" So if we all suddenly decided to buy tokens,"
 In the first place most customers never have to buy tokens. Your complaint is you use more data than you paid for and HNS allows, and then buy tokens which you think unfair. You ignore that Smart browsing allows for normal email and web browsing without you paying more. Tokens are simply a deterrent to help control the overload.
 There is statistically a very, very little chance of everyone downloading data at the same time. Communication systems are designed to provide a certain Grade of Service at peak times based on the number of communication channels and users as predicted by Erlang statistical formulas. If some people are data hogs, then the rest of the users are degraded and aren't able to use what they paid for.
I am not paid and am not blinded by propaganda. I have a Masters in Communications from Bell Labs/NYU. HNS has received a very high ranking from the FCC as delivering 150% more than promised. In addition Hughes has received an A+ rating from the BBB. It seems you have located a web site where 2000 customers weren't happy. That means 98% of the customers are not complaining. Thats an A in most classes. You choose to be a Don Quixote tilting at wind mills and glorying in your rants. No technical explanation will ever suffice so I give up.
Professor

I will post my issues and complaints where I feel necessary.
And that is your right, of course. If you have issues and complaints, it makes sense to make them known.  But do you think your issues can't be solved or at least improved?
Professor

I work in real estate and look forward to emailing all of my colleagues across the state about warning any clients of using this service when moving into a new home...
Only offer homes in cabled areas and you should be fine. The rest will just have to tough it out with capped services like HughesNet, Verizon, AT&T, etc. BTW, Comcast has implemented a data cap, and you can bet other cable service providers are sure to follow.

Also, make sure all your clients take the time to fully investigate any purchase before buying, find a local retailer to explain it, and carefully read the contract to understand whether or not the product will meet their needs.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Assistant Professor

Some folks don't seem to comprehension or able to manage a capped service. Makes me wonder how they manage their cellular data which most cell users have these days.

One more time after many times saying this: satellite internet is much closer to cell data internet than it is to ground based internet.
Assistant Professor

Stupid spell checker: comprehension = comprehend.
Freshman

Frankly, I wonder how they manage a fuel tank (any kind), or, the epitome of a capped service, the checking account. "Hello, FTC? I keep putting money into my account, but by the second week, it's empty. The bank keeps refusing to honor my checks. This is a scam."