cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

I just drive my car until it runs out of gas, then I walk to the nearest station with my jug in hand.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

You don't report it to the BBB, BirdDog?
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Well, the place I bought my car never told me to check the gas gauge, maybe I should report them.

I'm truly sorry if I'm being over critical but it is simply beyond me how people can sign up for a "plan" that has "x" amount of data then not monitor it and not at least research a bit how much data things use.

To me it borders on common sense. Again, maybe I expect too much from people.
Highlighted
Tutor

Yeah, I was gonna say I'm glad I didn't sell this person a car with 10 gallons in the tank. He may have sued me when he figured out he'd have buy some token gallons after he ran out.

Please give up - I never asked for your opinion. People have to be extremely upset with their provider in order to actually want to waste their time and post online their complaint.  Doesn't mean the other 98% of people are happy with the service they are being given.  I can go to several websites and find countless numbers of complaints in regards to Hughesnet.  Why you want to come on here and defend them is beyond me.  Congrats on your Masters degree, so tell me this --- if there is a very little chance of everyone downloading data at the same time, then why are the limits in place and allowances so low, and the price so high?  You seem to like this internet service; the speeds, the data caps, the high price, and all the great reviews it receives from a BBB site, to me that just sounds fishy... why don't you log in under another different name and try and build up Hughesnet some more... I'm not buying it.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I simply understand the system and what I'm paying for especially after 12 years with them.

I don't like capped data, nobody does really. It is what it is though and anyone who uses it needs to learn how to get the most from it.

And a public site where anyone can sign up and post so opinions are plentiful.
Highlighted

Yes, cause that's what I want to do with my internet service that I pay $100 a month for.... Internet is not a gas station. Gas is a tangible real thing, not air waves that cost literally nothing to throw through the air and atmosphere.  That is a poor comparison... hell nowadays just buy an electric and skip the gas because eventually all things become obsolete--- just like your Hughesnet you love so much....  I'm done ranting with you weird self proclaimed 'champion' people.  Who crowned you a champion?  Hughesnet because you shot down complaints over 7000 times on over 10,000 posts....  if their internet worked fine, and their company run correctly, we all wouldn't be here right now debating whether or not this service is good on a Sunday night???   So weird.  Trust me it is not good, and to think it is and stick up for them, is just realllllly funny to me......
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Um data is a tangible/metered thing. Is electricity a tangible thing for which you get billed? No difference between them.

They are providing internet service to people who otherwise would not have it.
Highlighted

Judging by all the other complaints on this community and all the responses from you guys; whose next to chime in and try to team up on me in this thread?  GabeU FTW? Good lawd, even this forum experience makes me hate Hughesnet even more....
Highlighted

I can use all the energy I want and pay for what I use.... can't do that with Hughesnet....