cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Highlighted

Re: Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

To set a cap at 50gb, and charge the ridiculous price they do is highway robbery and you know it.  

What decade are you living in?  Learn to get the most from it--- do you own an iphone, a tablet, multiple laptops, run a business from home, have kids etc.??  I don't think you are thinking of the average consumer and neither is Hughesnet and that is the problem...  That is why I am voicing my complaint and allowing people to know if there is any other option than choose it... I am literally admitting my poor decision in trying Hughesnet.... you agree if there is any other choice you would use it??
Assistant Professor

You can use all the data you want, buy tokens. And no, not robbery, totally up to you. I do fine with 50 GB. Have you designed, built, launched and maintained a satellite lately? Not to mention the costs associated with the ground based infrastructure.

The price is what it it is. Pay it or move on. That is the bottom line for all services.

And tokens are for the very small percentage who simply can't control themselves. Most learn how to manage their monthly allowance.

my issue will be solved when I'm out of this bloody contract....

You can post all the links to press releases claiming to be the #1 satellite provider you want... I have first hand experience of the misleading bogus claims of Hughesnet.

I am moving on TurdDog, don't you worry... have fun being a slave to your internet provider.  Next time I need some information on how to design, build, and launch a satellite I will come to you right away!  

Sensing your sarcasm... thank you for you condescension...  
Tutor

Wow, a little slow on the download, huh? Almost 19 hours.

Maybe I can donate some tokens to you. I've built up 38 GB of them over the years
Assistant Professor

Distinguished Professor IV

There is no reason there should be a data cap and then throttle your internet other than to force the customer into spending more money a month on the stupidest thing ever ---- tokens!!
Yes, there is a reason.  It's a little thing called a finite throughput.  Wishing a satellite had a higher throughput doesn't make it so.  You can't throw a million cars a day down a highway that was designed for ten thousand.  And you can't just widen a highway that's 22,000 miles out in space. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit