cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Highlighted

Re: Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

"I post here in an effort to shorten the learning curve of fellow users..."(responder continues - demeaning and meaningless banter. An effort to sway the reader to buy into a perceived level of expertise. After overstating perhaps exaggerated and wordy credentials he continues to explain that he has been a Hughesnet subscriber for 12 years because he, " has no other option other than satellite connection except for a very 'iffy' DSL service..[emphasized] and I do mean 'iffy'" .  Sounds like a great reason to go to Hughesnet, "because he has no other [viable] option". Moving on! point two raised.. "Over the years i likely have had every issue possible". We agree. In a world of interconnectedness, competition, and progression this company will fail. This structure is not sustainable for the needs of real families -  people who run home businesses, don't watch that much TV, and want to be able to occasionally enjoy a movie with their family at the end of day. Hughesnet, advance or be left behind. Offer unlimited options. Don't hold consumers hostage to your outdated and obscure token system. Our sustainability and economic freedom is tied to connection with the outside world (ie: internet connection). Have your self proclaimed "champions" and lawyers spout out statistics. This post clearly doesn't help me. This post is for you, borderline consumer. If you run a home business, have a family, or use the internet at all you will find yourself at a coffee shop hoping to somehow connect to their wifi before you can go home to your family. Welcome to the Hughesnet family. 
Associate Professor

Distinguished Professor IV

and want to be able to occasionally enjoy a movie with their family at the end of day.
There are alternatives for viewing films.  Rather than continue to run your system dry and  have to buy tokens to watch more films or even use the net, which is YOUR CHOICE, BTW,  why not spend that money on Netflix DVDs?  Why create a problem where there doesn't need to be one?   

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Judging by all the other complaints on this community and all the responses from you guys; whose next to chime in and try to team up on me in this thread?  GabeU FTW? Good lawd, even this forum experience makes me hate Hughesnet even more....

What took you so long?  Not really surprised I predicted this chime in by you Gabe... now that everyone has gotten their two cents in, can we just all agree that this narrow highway 22,000 miles in space is a shitty way to provide internet and packaged for purchase even worse.  If at all possible never use Hughesnet or buyer beware, because you will end up like me --- in forum battles on an internet provider website, wondering what better I could be doing with my time right now if Hughesnet wasn't such a joke, and had people on here paid defending it, further frustrating an already dissatisfied customer.  You can save your breath Gabe.  To think you and your chronies are all in this forum to help spread Hughesnet joy because you are such a happy customer is a scam in itself.   Guess we will continue to agree to disagree and leave it at that... annnnd may god have mercy on your soul(s)...

Yes, because people have so much faith and trust in the government these days ---- LOL    Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself... Is that toy car a re-enactment of the satellite dish working?

First and foremost, this is a public community.  There are guidelines.  Watch the language. 

I, and many others, will continue to enjoy the system within its limitations and not wish that it could do something more than it can.  Wishing and complaining doesn't make it so.  The vast majority of customers are just fine with the service provided. 

But, as with anything, you can't please everyone.  I wish I could stream films through my DirecTV receiver without having to use an external internet source.  I can't, so I accept it and move on.  Such is life.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Are we really the one's embarrassing ourselves here, rdodgson1? 

And perhaps the Reps will be kind enough to remove your SAN from your post.  Evidently you missed the warning when making the post....NEVER POST YOUR SAN!!! 

Tutor

You just don't get it, do you. Listen up. The vast majority of Hughes clients have no high speed options. Some may have dial up which I think you would be very happy with because the physics of the design will prevent you from ever hitting a designated or arbitrary cap. It will never happen. No FAP for you. No tokens for you.

Many other clients are so far from cell towers the best internet reception they'll ever get is 1xRtt. Ever tried that? It's roughly twice the speed of a good clean dialup line.You wouldn't be a good candidate for this since you could bust a 5 or maybe even 10 gig cap if you watched those movies 24/7. Ehhh, then you'd be back in FAP. More expensive FAP

And then there are those who can get some 3G. You ever tried to go through a data allottment at 800 kbps? I used to have a 20 GB 3G account and never busted the cap.The internet terror you are though, I'd be willing to bet you could go through 20GBin no time flat.

And finally there is Hughes where if we think... (key word here) and plan, we can actually run multiple businesses, conduct all the business of our families, feed multiple phones, 4 tablets, 3 laptops and a desktop with a wide variety of printing production equipment and a real office on a lousy 5-8 GB per month.

We LEARN to work with what we have and we do very well with it and we are very well pleased with it. When there's only one game in town, the smart players get along very nicely with it and some of those smart players who are really nice will go way out of their way to help the players like you who simply aren't smart enough to get by on their own. But wouldn't ya know it, these gentlemen will take you by the hand and help you put together the info you need to help Hughes help you. One of the best is your buddy TurdDog who I prefer to know as Barbara. Just sayin'... don't be looking at him to help you out.

Did you  miss the part in school when they tried to teach you the negative value of belligerence and ignorance?
Advanced Tutor

Well, I haven't visited the community in a couple of weeks; I'm trying to finish this semester without killing myself, lol. I see not much has changed, haha! But seriously, I really need some extra Christmas
Distinguished Professor I

I was wondering where you were. It's good to have you back! Extra Christmas....YES!