cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Highlighted

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Such a scammy internet concept provided by Hughesnet.  There is no reason there should be a data cap and then throttle your internet other than to force the customer into spending more money a month on the stupidest thing ever ---- tokens!!  I already pay $100 a month for your crappy slow internet and run out within two weeks (best package they have, really Hughesnet?).  The rest of the free world doesn't have a stupid token system.   Can you even tell me why there are data limits??  Are you afraid that there will be soooo many Hughesnet customers, using so much data that you couldn't possibly think about upgrading your systems to satisfy your customers that are already paying a disgustingly high monthly bill?  I think it is clear by all of the posts to you, Hughesnet, that your customers are frustrated and angry with your refusal to change your concepts.  Please remove the data caps or at least expand them and remove the racket of tokens.  If I would have known this is the kind of business you run, I never would have signed up in the first place.  Cable internet is offered in our area and I would do anything except pay you more money to get out of this dreadful internet contract.  I have had this service for over a year now, and there hasn't been a month I don't curse this internet.  I have been trying my best to wait patiently to make it to the end of the contract, but I seriously cannot take it anymore!!  This company just wants to frustrate its customers to the point of forcing them to cancel their contract and collect a broken contract fee.  You can't win with this company, please do not sign up with them and save yourself a lot of money and frustration.......
86 REPLIES 86
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Ok, I promise I won't sign up with them again. I already did it twice in the last five years. Jeez, what was I thinking? Thanks for setting me straight.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

You have cable in your area? Then why wait? Pay the ETF and get it over with. What do you have left? Perhaps 10 months with a $200 ETF? At your plan level, a $200 ETF is about two months worth of service. Go ahead and pay it and make your move. I'm sure it's not worth another 10 months of aggravation.

Better than waiting for HN to lift data caps, which is not going to happen.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of collecting an ETF.  That's what this company was formed to do---- collect ETFs and provide poor service.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

So you would rather stay on the contract, pay HN $1,000 instead of just $200, and all the time be mad about it? Who comes out ahead on that?
Highlighted

by design Hughesnet cannot lose.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

The rest of the free world doesn't have a stupid token system.  
Nope, they don't... They just pay X amount after X data is used when they hit their cap, with out notifying the users.

Can you even tell me why there are data limits?? 
Because Spaceway3, and Jupiter One, as well as Jupiter Two have LIMITED capacity, meaning once built, they have to survive a minimum of 15 years, and can't be upgraded.  Sorry that technology and ideas evolve faster than the lifespan of a $500,000,000 satellite.

Spaceway3 = ~10Gbps
Jupiter One = ~100-130Gbps
Jupiter Two = ??175+Gbps??? Can't find much info on it anymore.

Last I checked, Hughesnet has well over 1 million consumers...
Actually, screw that, here's a topic as to why there's not unlimited bandwidth, it's a bit outdated, but it still stands. https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/unlimited-access

Are you afraid that there will be soooo many Hughesnet customers, using so much data that you couldn't possibly think about upgrading your systems to satisfy your customers that are already paying a disgustingly high monthly bill?
Can't upgrade something that's what, 20,000 miles into the sky?  Sorry, Hughesnet isn't NASA, but, they are building and launching Jupiter Two/Echostar19.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

You seem to have a lack of understanding of how satellite works and why there are caps.  Sad.  And you are also cutting off your nose to spite your face -- pay them several times the ETF and stay with an internet you don't like, when you have other availability and could get out of the contract by paying $200. A contract you signed. You're supposed to read contracts; that's on you.  If you signed something without understanding it first, well, it's on you and no one will fault the other party, as everything is laid out clearly in the contract.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Here's another way to look at it. In exchange for the 24-month commitment, you did not have to pay any upfront fees for the work to install your system. Instead, HughesNet paid the installation company at least $200 on your behalf for your install, with the understanding they would recoup that expense eventually by your staying on the contract. If you want to terminate the contract early, then the ETF will reimburse them for your installation.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

by design Hughesnet cannot lose.
Well, after all, they are in business to make money and be profitable (shareholders).