cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Worst Internet Provider Ever! Don't make the same mistake in choosing them!

rdodgson1,

Just because YOU can't seem to use the service within its means it doesn't mean the rest of us can't.  None of us are running out of data.

GW's ability to do a large number of things with the service isn't unusual.  Why?  Because he chooses to learn how to save data instead of constantly running out and doing nothing about it, save for complaining.   

I've never purchased a token in twelve years with Hughesnet because I've never had to.   

If you keep running out of data and having to buy tokens that's totally up to you.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hi rdodgson1,

After reviewing the call, these were our findings:

-          The customer states that they would be using Apple TV, but when asked the verbatim question of whether or not they would be streaming, the customer answered no.  The agent does not read the streaming disclosure to the customer, but considering they had Apple TV, they should have. The customer did not do any gaming. 

-          The customer asks if the service is unlimited and the agent informs them of the data allowance, and how the service would slow if it is reached.

-          When discussing packages, the agent recommends the Prime Plus plan, but the customer insists on the Choice(Basic), so that is what they are set up with.

-          There is no discussion about the ETF aside from what is read in final T&C’s.

-          There is no discussion about auto-drafting or billing on the call, aside from T&C’s.

Based on the results of this review. I do not see anything that stands out as significant or misleading. Although the agent should have relayed our streaming disclosure when the Apple TV was brought up, he specifically asked you if you were going to be streaming and you said no. Even still, streaming and all relevant info is also laid out correctly in the terms and conditions at the end of the call.

As for auto draft and your claim that "The rep on the phone told me, if the data is not sufficient for what I need than I would be able to cancel my service.  NO ETF." There were no discussion about either. However in good faith, if you would like to proceed with cancelling, I will allow you to do so by only paying half of your current ETF. That is the best I can do based on these circumstances, and I hope you find it satisfactory. Or, we can help facilitate your satisfaction by improving your experience with the service. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

I politely disagree with some of your above statements.  I had 2-3 phone conversations regarding our service plans and also 'if the data was not sufficient,' we would be able to walk away from our service.  We haven't used our Appletv in about a year because we found out how much it uses and was draining our 50gb in no time.  

Can you please give me a case # and update my account info asap?  Please update it to reflect we  would like to cancel with your stated 50% off the current ETF.  

If you could please reply on here when you have done so with a case # that would be great.

Thank you!
Distinguished Professor IV

No disguise. I AM a happy customer.  I actually took the time to learn how to use my data wisely.  It's not hard to do, but some people seem to be stubborn and would just rather complain.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hello rdodgson1,

The only phone conversations we keep recordings of are ones where a sale is made. Any calls to our sales departments which did not end with you signing up would not be available to review. My case number for you is 101935640. You can reference it when calling, I've left instructions for the agents. Let me know if something comes up.

Thanks,
Chris

Adios, Hughesnet!
Alum

Hi rdodgson,

I see you processed everything. I hope things go well with you next ISP.

- Chris