Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Internet on the market

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Worst Internet on the market

Well, all I have is my experience. Even when we had the 15 GB plan
I agree. This month I "squandered" data by installing and updating two computers to Linux Mint 17.3 and the Big One .... I brought my Galaxy Tab 4 home for a week and you just can't TAME all the apps on that thing. It is a comparative Data Hog and it show in my monthly usage to date.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Ah, Gwalk the data miser lives.  : )

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I can bite a byte until it squeals like a pig ! (or sounds like Bacon)
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

No doubt, no doubt my friend. I'm the opposite, feel like I've wasted my money if I don't eat a major chunk of my allowance each month. It's there so why not use it kind of thing.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hughes trained me good with the DW6000 system.

Then while I am into movies I prefer to just buy the Blu-ray.
We have over 2000. At this age I can start at #1 and by the time I go through the list and start over its like seeing it for the very first time Smiley Happy

Edit:
The audio on BD is better too. I have 11 Klipsch speaker in my system and the six under the floor mounted subwoofers WILL make a believer out of you on a movie like True Lies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Trained on the DW6000 here, too.  When you start out with very little data and have to watch it like a hawk, you tend to do the same even when you have a lot more.

I'm actually on track this month to use the most data I've ever used in a month (I think)...about 6GB, combined.

I have six Blu -ray films. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Oh, I was a miser back on the 6 and 7 systems also, guess why I know how to get the most out of Gen4 now and happy to be able to do things couldn't do back then.

Never have gotten into the Blu-ray and super duper sound system thing. Guess why SD and low def look fine to me when streaming. Heck my new 55" TV makes me feel like I'm living the high life.  Smiley Tongue
GabeU

BirdDog,

I know that you stream using your TV, but your setup is a bit more complicated than what I would be using, so I have a question.  If I use the Netflix app on my TV, I am able to adjust the streaming resolution under the account at Netflix, right?  I'm thinking of trying the 30 day trial. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hey Gabe, yes as long as you set the definition in your account playback settings then anything you stream to will use that definition even the TV. The TV app still uses your account and its settings, like any other device when you first go to Netflix you'll have to sign into your account.

I use my laptop with HDMI to the TV only because I find it more user friendly with the browser interface versus the TV app.
GabeU

I appreciate the info.  My laptop has an HDMI out, as well, so I might try that, too.  I'll have to peruse their site and see what kinds of old TV shows they have.