melissanian

Re: Worst Internet on the market

melissanian

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

melissanian,

Please stop posting individual test results.  You need to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and run the tests under that account.  Please also use the test sizes requested

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
melissanian

I pay all this money a month for Internet and i'm doing all this crap to make it work.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It is satellite wireless communication. Takes some troubleshooting on the user's end before a tech is sent out. There are way too many situations where the problem is something like the router, LAN cable, computer misconfigured, etc.

You are plugged directly into the modem, no router? Do you have another cable to try?
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It may be a simple fix, but they need the tests to see.  There's really no other way of staring the process of figuring out what is causing the problem. 

They can't send a tech out for all complaints/problems as the vast majority of the time the problem actually doesn't lie with Hughesnet at all.  I'm not saying that's what's happening in your case, but that's why they have the customer test their speeds as a first step.  They look at the results and go from there. 

I'm sure you would like whatever the problem is to be discovered and resolved so that you can watch Netflix, no matter what it is.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro