Hughesnet Community

Worst Internet scam ever. Satellite Internet will never be worth it

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emac1906

Worst Internet scam ever. Satellite Internet will never be worth it

I have had terrible speeds the entirety of my contact with hughsnet. I'm stuck in a contract sheet being skeptical about satellite Internet from my past experience with exceed but took a chance anyway. Now I have paid $400 to cancel exceed before getting hughsnet and I'm getting the same results. I've been pain more than $250 for my services and even one bill of $350. I'm currently looking for a new place 40 mins from my job just so I can get back on cabe Internet for $55 flat rate a month with no cap I am DONE with satellite. If I can't get anything consistent with hughsnet I'm moving by the middle of this week. The speed test ate a joke and why do I have to do it. You mean they can't already see how slow my internet is moving. This is the worst money pit for anyone to get in.
4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Going by what you say you've been paying, you are a very heavy user. Satellite will probably never be unlimited, at least not with present technology.

Good luck on your chase for unlimited internet, although even cable providers are starting to implement caps even if quite high.

Personally would never move for better internet. I'd go to cell data first. 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

$350?  Wow.  That's a LOT of tokens.  

No one has to buy so many tokens.  Streaming isn't a necessity.  You could take half of your "extra" payments and get satellite TV.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I've been pain more than $250 for my services and even one bill of $350
Looks like you'd be saving money if you just paid to break the contract.