cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Service EVER!

Worst Service EVER!

I have the maximum amount of data allowed. My bill is now about $55 more than it was before I upgraded and I still have crappy service. Every time I call, I am told I am out of data and I can use a token. So of course I do and the next day I have to do it again!  I have always hated my Hughesnet service and now that I pay even more for it, I hate it even more. I can't believe it is legal for you all to manage the plan this way and further more I don't believe we run out of data everyday. I think this service is just scamming people out of their money. If I had a choice of another service I would jump on it......and you better believe I am looking. I get better service using my cell phone as a hot spot for my computer than I do from Hughesnet which I am now paying $118 a month for!! Very disapointed and disgusted with dealing with the poor service. 
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Worst Service EVER!

This is a crazy little forum you have here for your customers.  I am not seeing any posts that are positive.  There are THOUSANDS of posts complaining about the Hughesnet service.  This makes me think no one from Hughesnet actually reads these things or cares.  They are probably laughing all the way to the bank.  Can't wait to find another option wear I live.  So sad!

Assistant Professor

It is a help forum, so yes the majority of the posts will be problems.

What are you doing on the internet, a lot of video streaming? How many devices are you connecting with? Ad blockers on all browsers?

Some specifics would help some of us other customers help you, if you want help.

BTW: They have over 1 million customers so the problems/complaints here are less than 1 percent. There are many who've had good service for years, including myself.

The real problem is people try and use it like internet in town. We all have this internet because it is all we are able to get where we are living. You cannot treat it the same. And yes, I get unhappy with it at times too, but I am learning what I can and cannot do. You can search the internet, you can even play games in some sites ( I do on Facebook). You CANNOT stream videos and you CANNOT download during the day hours. Yes, I set my alarm and get up in the middle of the night and do my downloading. And if you have the new microsoft systems.....you are really in trouble. I have a brand new computer my husband ordered sitting in the corner unplugged. I cannot get it to stop doing updates....every time you turn it on it starts updating. You need the status meter that hughesnet provides and you need to have it open when you are on your computer. That is the way to keep track of your usage. Again, this is not internet like you used before. But for me, it is all I can have.
Assistant Professor

I would only add you can stream video within reason. Just NO HD but SD and even better yet low definition.

In the end you must monitor your usage and decide what you want to use it on and make it last for the month. Kind of like your paycheck.

There is also a meter here: http://192.168.0.1/ but using the status meter is more user friendly for most customers.
Freshman

I seriously doubt your statement re using your cell phone as a hot spot providing better service. Sorry, and if that is so, please provide the name of your carrier, what you pay, and what your data limits are. Maybe we can jump over there too. In most cases cell coverage isn't existent for many of us in rural areas and if so, the data cost is significantly more than satellite.

I agree with Beth about HughesNet being the only thing available where I live. But the speed is terrible. I have the middle option of 15 GB. I know satellite is different than broadband or DSL but come on, you should be able to watch YouTube. They charge way too much for the little bit of downloads and uploads you get. And, try to stop "Autopay". I asked them to send me a paper statement 6 months ago. They said they would. I told them to take my autopay information off and I would send them a check every month. They said they would.  Well, it has been 6 months and I still have not received a paper statement nor did they delete my checking account information. I always pay my bills on time. If they want to do a credit check they will see I have an excellent report. I am just asking them to let me pay my bill by written check.....send me a statement!

And LOL....I have 10 GB and I don't consider the speeds slow. But no way on YouTube. I can watch the status meter just about drop if I watch them!! Crazy.
Assistant Professor

Do you know how to change the definition? Do you have a YouTube account?

No. I don't know how. And I don't have a youtube account. My grand girls started getting on it several years ago and that was when I realized what was going on. In one evening they wiped me out!! And I have an iMac if that makes a difference.