cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Service EVER!

Alum

Re: Worst Service EVER!

Hello msoutland,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! If you are currently subscribed to our best and and top tier data offering then it is simply a matter of better data management. You have to consider the fact that there are limitations to Satellite internet. To allow fair access to the network, there are data caps it's just the way it works. You are in a great place to find help with conserving data if that is what you are looking for. We as reps and the rest of the community are here to help. 

Try providing us more info on your browsing habits and hopefully we'll be able to bring you more satisfaction with the service. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Junior

Hi Beth,
On a Mac, when youtube video pops up, in the lower right corner is a preference icon (geared wheel of sorts). Click on it and definition selections will open up. I too have the 15G plan and have no trouble watching videos and managing my data. Under system preferences/app store - un-check "Download newly available updates in the background" and "Automatically download apps purchased on other Macs".
If you're still having problems, post again and I'll try to help with additional suggestions.

Don  Smiley Happy

Thanks!! That should help. Tomorrow, when my data returns.....I have been limping along this month for sure, I will go and do that. No one has ever been able to tell me.
I have gotten used to getting up in the middle of the night...or just very, very early and doing my downloading. If I watch any videos it is then. 
Junior

Beth, the definition setting has to be set each time. I keep mine on *Auto* but it's easily changed if I see the video is HD.
I literally love OS X and will be glad to help with any issues you might have. iCloud doesn't seem to give me any problems eating my data.

So, before I go to look at a video I reset it. I will look in the morning because my data resets then. (thank goodness) And really, thanks on the help. Still learning. Love my mac. I depleted mine this month when I ordered a kindle for my neighbors granddaughter. Took it out of the box and plugged it in and never even thought about it beyond I wanted to make sure it was fully charged when she opened it. I have quite the spike when I look at my status meter!!
Junior

I have 13 grandchildren. Any one of them can eat up 2Gig before I can get home. lol

Worst speeds ever!

If you use Facebook, make sure the autoplay feature for videos is turned OFF. This eats up way more data than you think.
New Poster

Well my 30 days as a new customer is up. I will give Hughesnet a B- on their service. Each time I had a question or complaint (slow internet service) help and answers were provided. Yes, my Verizon service is faster, (useing a hotspot) but I pay through the nose. Hughesnet offers 100 GB for under a $100/mo. That's what is awesome about the service. I can live with a little slow for the cost. 

I get it u you r not having problems my biggest complaint is that when I called to get service they asked me what my main source of internet use was & I told them it was our source of TV no cable or satellite they told me to cut off updates & high def off & I would be good to go when I called back with no data there answer was I use to much or something is pulling data from some where else I get it isn't anything like att or Comcast now they are very very misleading on the internet sales sight & the sales staff will say what u need to here based of the questions they read off the screen when u call to sign up