Worthless Product !!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davo
New Poster

Worthless Product !!!

Hughesnet is the poorest excuse for an internet service I have ever seen. It's always S  L  O  W  no matter if you have data left on your plan or not. That is... if it's working at all. I just had technicians out this week and they replaced every piece of equipment and the modem/router 3 times just to get it sort-of working. An hour after they left it quit. I had to power cycle the modem several times before it established communication with the satelite. It's down right now, I'm using my neighbor's internet to write this complaint. 

I know this is a complete waste of time as they will NOT do anything about their product... because they don't have a product. As soon as I can find another provider I'm gone. I'm on my neighbor's satalite service now. It always works!

Buyer beware!!!!! Don't waste your money!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You're generalising your own experience to everyone else's, and that's nonsense and not a reflection of reality.  You seem to have pretty serious issues, and maybe the mods here will check your system remotely and see whether it's working or not, and move from there.  

This is a tech support site, not a complaints site, so you'd be better served to take your complaints to sites that accept that sort of thing, such as social media sites. 

@Liz  <-- tagging official HughesNet rep.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Well Excuse me. Liz

Generalizing my own experience??? The REALITY is that your product is not working, and when it does, it's just about useless. You are perceptive, I do have serious issues! I've been paying for a product that doesn't work and when it does, it is poor at best!!!
 I know customers and Hughsnet people come here and they need to know about this worthless product you extract money for. I don't usually get this way about products but having been in the service industry for over 45+ years, I know a worthless product when I see it. I have called your tech support lines in the past only to speak to someone of no technical expertise and poor English skills. I can't get any service out of your company. When this system was installed the installer left with it performing poorly. He said that is the best he could do. What? He even indicated it doesn't seem to be operating as well as he usually sees. I've posted before about the service stopping while trying to download movies in the off peak hours to save data usage. That has never worked!!! When I had satellite service through Dish it worked flawlessly. I went to Hughes to get more data and limited data caps. Just last night we were trying to stream a movie and it continually stops and looses audio and we are at the top of the month with plenty of data!!!

So... if this is your Tech Support site then how about somebody giving my some Tech Support. 

Oh P.S. I will post this on social Media

Hello Davo,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear this. I pulled up your account to address your concerns and current diagnostics on the HughesNet equipment shows that it's working normally and delivering well over 25 Mbps in download speeds. 

On which platform were you trying to stream video last night?

You may want to check your streaming settings to optimize performance:

In general whatever streaming service you use, see if you can set the playback to Standard Definitiion to reduce buffering.

If you're streaming on Amazon Prime, unlike Netflix and YouTube, Amazon uses progressive streaming (the others use adaptive). A progressive video stream is a single video file being streamed over the internet. The progressive video will automatically expand or contract to fit the screen you are playing it on, but regardless of the device, the video file size will always be the same. If there is a poor Internet signal and the video stream cannot process quickly, a progressive video will pause and buffer. So there are inherently more issues with Prime than other streaming services because Amazon uses progressive video streaming.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Davo,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you, but I hope the suggestions in my last post were useful. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!