cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to upgrade from HT1000 to HT1100

Would like to upgrade from HT1000 to HT1100

Hello! Would like to upgrade from the HT1000 to the HT1100. Been experiencing poor upload and download speed for a while. Hoping upgrading the modem will help with the performance issues.
Serial # is  B1 0005060235 A0

Thank you,
Ron
10 REPLIES 10
Alum

Re: Would like to upgrade from HT1000 to HT1100

Hi rcarlson,

Thank your for posting with your serial number. We'll process the order for the HT1100 for you. Once it is complete I will post back here with an update. 

- Chris

Chris,

Thank you! Is the new modem basically "plug and play" or does it require a technician to come out and perform an install?
Alum

Hi rcarlson,

Yes the modem should be plug and play however if you do run into any issues getting everything up and running you can always give us a call on our 24/7 support line for assistance. The order has been created. I would say in a few days but due to the fact that Thanksgiving is tomorrow it may not arrive until Friday. Let us know how everything goes and if your performance improves. Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris

Chris,

Received the modem. Thank you for getting it out so quick! Old one is boxed up to be shipped back. Went from 178 kbps down/ 26 kbps up to 14290 kbps down/ 893 kbps up. Also signal strength went from 110 to 125. So far,so good! I am assuming the old modem wasn't "bad" persay but the new one is just using a different frequency/band and satellite? Just curious why this was an issue and how the new modem fixed it.

Regards,
Ron
Assistant Professor

The new modem doesn't change anything when it comes to the satellite and frequency. Sounds like the old one had a problem. The HT1100 is an overall better unit though.
Associate Professor

It's actually using a different set of frequencies, and a larger channel range if I am not mistaken... I know they have referenced "Broadband" and "Wideband" here once or twice in the distant past when comparing the two.
Assistant Professor

Well I stand corrected then, that is interesting. I remember a while back one of the reps said it was just beefier is all.
Associate Professor

The reps post a lot... Even I miss a ton of their posts. xD  But, if you look at the PDF documentation, and other documentation for their equipment, they state some rather interesting differences.
Alum

Hi rcarlson,

As being the first generation of our modems in the Gen4 family the HT1000 is a great modem. However the newer HT1100 is more robust. It utilizes wideband technology and has better error protection. Overall just more efficient in processing the service connection and delivering the best performance. 

I'm glad to hear that things did improve. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let us know.

Thank you,
Chris