Would love it if the "go to" community forum can fix my service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waynearndt
New Poster

Would love it if the "go to" community forum can fix my service

I have had many issues with the Gen4 service since I had it installed a year ago. I have contacted technical support over the phone a couple times and they are reading a prompt trouble shooting chart and have never solved an issue. In my latest outage I reluctantly called, and was treated like I was a moron. Was told everything was fine with the Hughes net connectivity, and I would need to commit to 125 or 175 dollar onsite tech fee for someone that would show up in a few days. 30 minutes after I was told by your tech that I had a bad router, a bad cable, a bad operating system, and 4 different devices that all must have issues that occurred at the same time, the service came back up. It appears the only way to contact a tech is via a phone call. That has not worked for me. Actually looking at the community forum, the technical phone support doesn’t seem to work for many people. I’ve tried the chat several times from different platforms and connections, all come back with "you are not authorized to enter this chat" and I think then who is authorized. I can’t get an email address for anyone at Hughes net, other than D0NOTREPLY@HUGHES.NET so those must be a secret for some reason...Sorry for the rant, but I am a dissatisfied customer that feels as though I have no recourse to getting the service I pay for.

Now I am being told by the Hughes FB site (only way i knew to get a hold of someone) to fix this problem here, on the forum.  Please tell me how to fix my Hughes net service here.

18 REPLIES 18
Ricky
Tutor

waynearndt, you have finally got to the right place to fix your issues. There are many helpful customers just like you who are very helpful here on this forum. The mods here are at the corporate level and can do way more then the phone support. I am confident you will come to a resolution here. Hang in there.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

And here is the email support page: http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/support.cfm?source=communityemail&_ga=1.156352319.563358719....

Can also contact through an email client or web email directly at customercare.hughesnet.com
waynearndt
New Poster

Hi Bird Dog when I go to customercare.hughesnet.com all I get is a web page form to fill out every time, that's not an email address
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sorry, should be communitysupport@hughes.com. They have so many URLs and addresses my old brain gets confused.  🙂
waynearndt
New Poster

Thanks Bird Dog, so does that go to tech support?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

No, it goes to the official representatives that are at corporate level and reply and moderate here. Trust me, if they get involved any problem you may have will get corrected.
waynearndt
New Poster

Thanks, I've contacted them, as well as all other methods I know available. I will wait and see what answers I get back.
Chris11
Alum

Hello wayne,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I was able to pull up your account and from your case history you still have a dispatch scheduled for tomorrow. Although all your diagnostics look normal. It is definitely possible that within your local network there is something that can be done. Whether that be with cables or equipment the technician should be able to test out everything and replace accordingly. 

Here is a quick snippet of your diagnostics on our end.

Actual speed beamed down from our satellite to your dish:

Execution time: 2016-06-20 18:46:50
Upload speed (kb/sec): 645.277
Download speed (kb/sec): 17688.53
Round trip ping time (msec): 692
Packet loss rate (%): 0

My recommendation is for us to see what our tech finds from the scheduled visit and go from there. Please let us know once the tech has completed any repairs so we can continue to assist you.

Thank you,
Chris
waynearndt
New Poster

The field tech has confirmed they are on hold.

System was working fine 30 minutes after I got off the phone with phone tech support.

Only reason field tech was coming is because the phone tech kept blaming my equipment, and stated she couldn’t troubleshoot any further.

Seems odd that multiple devices on different operating systems all were disconnected at the same time. (it happens often)

Bypassed the router went direct, changed cabling, still didn’t work . I did that to appease the phone tech and after all that she still thought it wasn’t a Hughes net problem.

If you want to send a tech while its working, go ahead, I am not paying for that visit.  

Ricky
Tutor

Hang in there. This is the right place to get your issue resolved. The mods will help you. Post your issues here in the forum and help will come.
Chris11
Alum

Hello waynearndt,

Did the tech leave a number so that you can contact and have them come out anyway? If so please do. We'll take care of any charges associated with it. It'll be more efficient to keep that schedule instead of creating a new dispatch. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
waynearndt
New Poster

Hi Chris,

As discussed above, tech came out it was working when he showed up, and working when he left. Said hard to troubleshoot when working. Guess what I just got charged $125 for that service. I told you don't send unless its free because it was working. You stated you would take care of charges, and sent anyhow, then CHARGE ME after you said you wouldn't. This is how to lose customers. Oh did I mention, system has been down twice since the tech visit a month ago.

Chris11
Alum

Hello Wayne,

Sorry if you were still charged. I was hoping to hear back from you sooner than 2 months. However I've added a $200 credit to your account. This should cover your dispatch and a months worth of service for the inconvenience. I hope this is satisfactory. 

As for the service, when you say it was down, do you mean you weren't able to browse? Were the lights on the modem all flashing? Did you head over to the system control center(SCC) during this time to check on any error codes? FYI, the SCC can be found by typing http://192.168.0.1 into your browser. Everything should be green when it's working properly. Looking forward to your reply. 

Thanks,
Chris
waynearndt
New Poster

Hi Chris, Sorry for any delay in notifying you of this charge. It came through on my auto pay credit card statement that I received electronically on 8/4/16 (yesterday) Prior to that I assumed that the service call was in fact taken care of as earlier stated. As it relates to the continuing issues with the service it is the same type of failure. All lights on modem on solid, zero connectivity. I will unplug unit from the wall, it will reboot come up all solid lights again. I will reboot over 10 times in a couple day period, and give up. Then it will start working again as if nothing was ever wrong.

waynearndt
New Poster

Hi Chris, I just received the invoice electronically from my credit card yesterday. For the service issues when the connectivity stops, all lights are on steady on the modem. This is what it would do before as well. I will unplug AC from wall several times over a couple day period, and then it will start working on its own. Might run fine for a couple weeks or a month, then it will act up again. Field tech said it could be the modem, but because it was working fine during his visit he couldn't tell.
Chris11
Alum

Hello Wayne,

I see, in the future heading to the SCC during this time and jotting down the state code is important. Especially when calling in. That way even if it does not last during the call we can provide some feedback and get a better understanding of what you experience. Typically all green, and a state code of 0.0.0 is good. Codes that show up usually have a small description as well. 

The credit I added should be present in your account details once logged into the customer support center. So as it stands, you pay about $70 a month. This should cover you for almost 2 and a half months of service. The third month should come out to only $20. Unless you want it back on the card?

- Chris
waynearndt
New Poster

Thanks the credit is fine, I will log fault next time around

Chris11
Alum

Hi Wayne,

Sounds good. We're here if you need anymore assistance. Have a great weekend!

- Chris