cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you accept this installation at your house?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: Would you accept this installation at your house?

I installed security and computer systems for about 5 years. Gave it up as couldn't handle people anymore and low pay. Most expect people to work for $10 an hour when electricians and plumbers make $50+ an hour. Electronic installers and IT field people don't get paid near what they should.

Going to shutup for the night. Pics of front of house and view.

Gokartergo

Love it.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Gorgeous views, BirdDog.
maratsade

Are the HN dishes smaller now, that they can go on a roof?  My DirecTV dish is small and is on the roof, but my HN dish is quite large, only a little smaller than my first HN dish was.
GabeU

BirdDog,

Wow.  I love your house and your view.  It's the perfect size and I love living out in the boonies, too. 

I like smaller, single story houses (as in a first floor and a basement).  They are so much easier to take care of, plus cost less to heat and cool.  Again, your house is really nice. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

To answer the OP's question, yes, I absolutely would. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Well, seeing as most every cable installer, and satellite installer will run along the outside of a home till the approximate location of the indoor equipment... Yeah, I would, as I wouldn't want to shell out the extra money to make someone do more work than what is in a typical installation. 
Steve Ericson

Posted to Facebook:
GabeU

Steve,

First, they DO have a customer service department.  Secondly, this "community" you refer to actually connects you to customer service reps at the corporate level.  Thirdly, nice language.  I'm sure that will definitely help you to get taken seriously.  Fourthly, what exactly is the problem?  The slight sag in the cable?  The last time I looked, cables aren't transparent, and if you wanted it installed so you wouldn't see it, you should have let them know, then hired someone to do that sort of job for you.  Your installation looks fine and it's my opinion that you are just being ridiculously picky. 

Again, nice language.  That always helps, especially from an adult. 

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

You did good Steve!
Vulgarity will get you .... nowhere.

Steve, this may surprise you but this forum is staffed by corporate level employees.
This next fact may also come as a surprise: Corporate level people work Monday through Friday.

Good Show there Steve!