cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you believe that the BBB rates HughesNet A+????????!!!!!!!

Sophomore

Would you believe that the BBB rates HughesNet A+????????!!!!!!!

Shocked! I changed plans 2 months ago, they said more data, faster speeds! On my old plan with much less data allowance, i hadn't had to use tokens for at least two years. On the new plan I run out of data 15 or twenty days into the month. I called today and told them to put me back on my old plan and they said they could not. It is not being offered anymore. So if you are on an older plan where data is replenished every day, stay on it. (The customer service rep was very courteous and spoke very clearly.)
22 REPLIES 22
Associate Professor

Re: Would you believe that the BBB rates HughesNet A+????????!!!!!!!

It sounds like you came from a legacy plan that had an unmetered Bonus period, and daily reset.  Legacy plans are no longer offered unless under extraordinary circumstances, and that has only happened once maybe twice since Legacy was phased out 2-3 years ago.

Todays plans are UPTO 10 OR 15Mbps depending on the package, and do offer more data than legacy plans if you are looking at the highest tier service plans.

Good morning Kathy,

I have located your account and see that you have been a great HughesNet customer for at least eight years!! Thank you for your business and welcome to the HughesNet community. Your older Pro plan back in 2013 had 9GB of data each month, but the allowance was restored daily. Then you upgraded to the Gen4 Jupiter service with the Power plan in November of 2013, with a anytime monthly allowance of 10GB per month, and 10GB bonus time restored monthly saving you $10.00 a month at the $59.99 rate.

Your new plan, the Prime plan is at the same rate of $59.99 with 10 GB anytime data, but you now get 40GB more data during the bonus period for a total of 50GB, allowing you to do more with your service at the same rate. I am not sure why you are consuming more data now that you are on the Prime plan. As a courtesy to you we have added 2GB to your TokenBandwidth bucket.

I am wondering if anything has changed to your specific usage on your end? Do you have new devices or computers in your home? Is there an additional person using the system? A thread was created a while back that specifically addresses some of these concerns and things to look for while trying to manage data usage. You may find this link helpful: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-usage-sources-common-and-not-so-common.

I hope this helps you, let me know if you have questions or need some help with this.

Thank you for your post,

Miles

HAHAHHAHAA bonus bytes are the funniest thing since george bush said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I love getting up at 2 am to start downloads

Nothing like getting up at 2 A.M. Smiley Tongue
Honorary Alumnus

Use a download manager to schedule the download.

Download managers ONLY work for certain Downloads!!!!    Many time out an need restarted, most system updates require user assistance, Even windows update through 8 is no longer scheduleable (at least NOT the download ONLY the install) streaming services/movies are undownloadable without nightshift/asus routers or the ultimate torrenting sin!!Gamers are now forced to use Steam, Origin  ect as games on cd are going out the window... Steam an origin are far from limited data/latency friendly.   in over two years I have yet to find a user friendly convenient way of sceduling ALL downloads without fear of consuming MORE data than planned. ALL of which i COULD tolerate IF it didn't eat away at the anytime should an OOPS occur.... Personally I dont stay up but at least twice a month i will get up at 2am to start an then check back in at 4 an off before 7 should a time lapse error occur SMH
Assistant Professor

There are actually quite a few people, especially farmers, shift-workers and older folk, who are up very early in the morning and take advantage of the Bonus time. Not everyone is a 9-5 person.

Sure, I would like all the data in one pile but it is not, and Hughes isn't receptive to doing so in the foreseeable future. Have to learn how to manage it. I learned a long time ago that many things in life are not the way I would like them to be. HughesNet is one of those things. I feel like we are beating are heads against the wall on this issue as they won't change it no matter how much people complain.

sgoshe: How right you are! I first started getting up at 0230 in 1962 due to a work-related issue. Found out how peaceful it was, and quiet, and just stayed with it. HughesNet was perfect. 
Highlighted

Without  complaints there would be no change, do you honestly think that they would have started describing there services better to new customers had us REGULARS not complained, do you think they would be offering a free 30 day trial to new customers whom asked had we not complained, or how bout increasing BB from 10 measly GB to 50 that too would not have changed had we NOT complained.... I learned early in this forum that HUGHES is not aware there is a problem till you continually make them aware of the problem!!!

I am VERY  seasoned to the HughesNet way and HAVE learned to extensively manage my data BUT that doesn't mean i have to be happy about it nor does it mean that i should just suck it up an keep my mouth shut!!

I am very glad there are folks whom are able to stay up an enjoy, for me try telling two kiddos they can't stay up an enjoy when others in the household have to stay up to 4 to enjoy hence they feel jipped. Throw attidudes into the mix due to lack of sleep an you have a Whole world of pure chaos.

Sgosh no offense meant to you or anyone else whom feels this way : I feel like we are beating are heads against the wall on this issue as they won't change it no matter how much people complain.            thats not beating your head against anything, thats simply stating " it's Okay I'm used to it and I don't need things to change"