cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you believe that the BBB rates HughesNet A+????????!!!!!!!

Assistant Professor

Re: Would you believe that the BBB rates HughesNet A+????????!!!!!!!

Melissa,

Never said you had to keep your mouth shut. Still personally feel this (split data) is one thing they will not change regardless how many people complain here. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Hope you're having a nice day regardless of the issues with HughesNet.  Smiley Happy
Highlighted

suns a shinin an I'm still breathin,  sooo No complaints on my day Smiley Happy     Hope your day has been and continues to go well !!!
Assistant Professor

jezra, has been asked before. Has to do with beam/gateway loading. A few beams and gateways are not saturated as bad as the others. I kind of doubt any more Ultra areas will be added to what is already available.
Assistant Professor

Well, that would make some sense as it would mean fewer customers available to Hughes, hence less crowding.

You can take the hat off now.  Smiley Happy
Honorary Alumnus

It appears that around 4 beams "report" to a given Gateway facility. Demographics being what they are .........

Lets look at the area covered by my beam (13)

Now consider that there are 60 beams on Echostar17.

I'm thinking that building a new Gateway (or doing a major add-on) is going to be a very time consuming and expensive task. Then it has to be staffed with some knowledgeable employees.
 Facilities still have be maintained for the Spaceway3 system and lets not forget the Ku band folks .... and this is just the residential side of things.

Building out to 140% of users is just not a good business plan.
Sophomore

Good evening, Miles. I live alone with my husband. We have a desktop, 2 cell phones, 2 tablets. Nothing has changed in the way of devices. Since I ran out the first month, I have done a lot of research on data usage. I have unplugged the cable from my modem. I turned off the wireless on our cell phones. I made sure that I am not connected to my Direct TV service. And I still ran out of data 10 days before the month was up. I have talked to several HN reps and read a lot of comments in this community. It seems that HN has taken the stand that the customer is always wrong. I came from that legacy plan less than 2 months ago so I know that something screwy is going on. I used to have unlimited use from 1-6 pm. I cannot use the data allowance in the middle of the night. I have a day job!!! I don't download any big files anyway so it is not useful for me. Alli do is surf the web and shop and read emails. I would love to be able to watch netflicks programs like everyone else I know, but I have given up on that. I wish that someone at HN would acknowledge that 10gb is not buying us what it used to and that is because HN is charging data differently, like uploads and who knows what else. I cannot just sit back and not complain when the service on my new plan was misrepresented in order to lure me away from the legacy plan and I end up getting much less service for my money.
Sophomore

Download what? I used to download audio books and tried to do it at night.didn't work. Now I download them on my phone. I can't think of anything other than large software updates that I can use a download manager for.
Sophomore

Sgoshe, why are you so invested in getting g customers to just accept poor service? Do you work for the company?
Sophomore

Yeah, if only I didn't have to work during the day! Maybe when I retire, I can sit up all night doing my shopping and looking at pictures of the grandkids but for now I have to sleep.
Sophomore

Very interesting, thanks! Sad,their ratings used to mean something.