cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow. Talk about a major difference. yesterday I was around 20MPBS...

Freshman

Wow. Talk about a major difference. yesterday I was around 20MPBS...

Test one:

74 REPLIES 74
Freshman

Re: Wow. Talk about a major difference. yesterday I was around 20MPBS...

Associate Professor

Freshman

This was mine tonight!!
Freshman

Well, it was still fast enough to stream high def video (another experiment - we still don't live here full-time and I wanted to see how bad it would be with those "terrible" speeds (especially knowing the max my DSL gets is 1.5MBPS). Still more than enough bandwidth to get myself in trouble.
Freshman

Has been all over the place the past hour (now almost one a.m.), with this being one of the best tests all day, hands down!

Highlighted

HiDef. Video on metered Internet isn't a wise ideal can use 1.5 to 2Gb an hour and put you into FAP fast.
Freshman

I had forgotten where Amazon changes its stuff and had a video earlier tell me it was defaulted lower. Kind of part mistake, part experiment. I was at 75% of data left with a week until next refill.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for posting. If you're finding a trend of slow speeds occurring consistently around the same time of day, or even all day, do let us know, we can always escalate your case to our engineers for their assistance. You're already on the right track with running speed tests using the 12MB test file on testmy.net. Just an additional note: our engineers recommend running the tests spaced 5-10 min apart, and 3 tests would suffice for their purposes.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.