cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow. Talk about a major difference. yesterday I was around 20MPBS...

Freshman

Re: Wow. Talk about a major difference. yesterday I was around 20MPBS...

The third test came back high, then two more low. Since I am coming from very poor (see my one praise post) 1.5MBPS internet, and Hughes' speeds are "up to," I wasn't sure when it was rational to be concerned. Those speeds are still fast enough for streaming, especially at lower resolutions, though I streamed high def on purpose because I had the data available and I wanted to see if the speeds I tested caused any buffering (they didn't).

Good to hear you were still able to stream. I'll keep this thread open though this week so that you may post any updates on your system performance. If I don't hear back by Friday, or if you don't have any additional concerns, I'll close the thread. You're always welcome to start a new thread beyond that if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Freshman

Okay. We will be back and forth this week. I will grab speed checks every night. Friday I was told was typical for congestion.
Freshman

Well, Liz, these are terrible for a Monday evening. Even having difficulty with pages loading.

Freshman

Freshman

Freshman

They are less than half of the speeds I had Friday!
Associate Professor

Freshman

One last one just in case.
Freshman

You're right Charles... I just assumed that router was "okay" now. Here is one done direct-connected to the modem. If anything, they are slowing down.