cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow triganle, slow bandwidth,to no connection at all, slow loading. Done the reboot, bad weather,and router stuff. no change

Yellow triganle, slow bandwidth,to no connection at all, slow loading. Done the reboot, bad weather,and router stuff. no change

internet saying no connection been doing it since yesterday and slow moving. Our account just renewed its billing cycle but the service package is used up way to much, Why does the data packs go so quickly. Never had this issue with no other internet service before and I use the internet less now then I did before. I am really ready to look for another carrier frustrated
Called today spoke with a female Rep who did not listen to what I was telling her and she had an attitude that sucked. Her advice was to use another browser and as long as I could connect I was good no matter that I told her It was going off and on. and the yellow triangle was still on. She had me reboot the modem and that was the gist of her help. Our data has been getting ate up like crazy since we  had the service. This has been an awful service that we are locked into for 2 years. It's impossible to know what type of service you are getting until you get involved with them and you give them a chance to fix the issues you let them work out the bugs and mean time your time is over for cancelling the service and your problem is still there. Angry and upset 
3 REPLIES 3
Assistant Professor

Re: Yellow triganle, slow bandwidth,to no connection at all, slow loading. Done the reboot, bad weather,and router stuff. no change

First plug directly into the modem, no router, and see if better.

Second, is a capped service, you get the allowance you pay for on your plan just like cell phone data. There is no unlimited plan. You have to manage your data use, plain and simple.

Satellite is for those who have no other option except dial-up or no internet at all.
Alum

Re: Yellow triganle, slow bandwidth,to no connection at all, slow loading. Done the reboot, bad weather,and router stuff. no change

Hi melvinlipscomb,

I see this is your first post here so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account and see that you called into our support center today and they were able to determine that your router was the culprit. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer and seeing what they can do for you. Typically a firmware update and/or optimizing some settings should resolve this issue. Also make sure that your router is not using the same IP address as the HughesNet Modem. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to let us know. 

Thanks,
Chris
Honorary Alumnus

To expand just a little ....

192.168.0.1 must be reserved for the exclusive use of the Hughes Modem and cannot be changes.

192.168.1.1 is the suggested IP address for the Routers LAN setting.

While routers vary greatly in their interface presentations (read as "the same but different") most core functions remain the same.

Here are some pics of some settings: