cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Gen5 Beam 55 customer with very slow speed

Sophomore

Re: Yet another Gen5 Beam 55 customer with very slow speed

@Liz   Unfortunately it's gone back to the old routine, today was especially bad. http://testmy.net/quickstats/TYGRHobbes

Good morning TYGRHobbes,

Thank you for the latest speed tests, I'll send this over to engineering. I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

@Liz  Speeds are hovering around 10Mbps during busy hours (which is way better!) but videos are still buffering rather frequently on 144p setting. That's still pretty bad. Does HughesNet not play nice with YouTube?

Has there been any changes to help out beam 55 in the last week?

Thanks!

Good morning TYGRHobbes,

Thanks for this update. The only update I have so far for you is additional capacity is being added in an effort to address these concerns. No timeframe has been given on when this work will be completed, but once I have news about it I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

@Liz  Something is definitely wrong tonight. I just did a speed test that lasted 8 minutes with a result of 435 kbps. That is at 7:54pm PST. That is the worst that it has ever been. Web pages aren't even loading now. I don't know how you go from 21.32 Mbps one day to the next day being 435 kbps at the same hour. I thought we were going forward but tonight took a huge step back. I'll continue with a few more speed tests throughout the night. http://testmy.net/quickstats/TYGRHobbes

Hi TYGRHobbes,

Thank you for this update, I'm sorry to hear that. I reviewed our reports and I don't see anything regarding your beam or gateway that could have caused that level of degradation. We are expecting a general update from engineering next week.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted
Sophomore

@LizThank you!