Hughesnet Community

You do not have access to update your account information.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne.donelson

You do not have access to update your account information.

Logging into my account & trying to update contact info & I hit this on submit,'You do not have access to update your account information.'
Can't even change phone number...
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

wayne.donelson,

I ran into this, too.  Ended up having to call to make the changes. 

Chris11
Alum

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for posting about this. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. In the mean time please give us a call to change any important information you need. We can definitely get his fixed. Can you provide us with a screenshot of the error? This will help our developers as reference in getting this resolved. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris

Chris11,

I am wondering if the issue was ever resolved at some point between December 2016 and now.  I am trying to update my payment method on my account and get the exact same error.  It is difficult to speak with someone at hughes on the phone, I keep getting transferred and always end up at tech support where they say they cannot help.  I just want to update my card information.  Please! 

Hi HRRA,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! In your case, since you have a SME account and there are parent and child accounts involved, that may be why you're unable to update your billing information online. The e-mail address associated with the parent account should be able to make account changes online. Otherwise, our SME billing support number is 1-800-347-3272, they can help update your payment information, this number is different from our general support line ending in 3292.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!