cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

@Grimmfarm07 

The issue you're experiencing is something a HughesNet rep, such as Remy, has to help with.  He's re-escelated your issue and I'm sure he'll reply when he has more information.  

The gateway is the ground station on the "other side" of the satellite from your own.  Your connection to it seems to be having issues.  

Please be sure to stick with your original thread.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

Someone hijacked my thread I became confused. Even though you say my tests are sat, but I have not done them correctly, how can they be sat? I surf constantly and can tell the response is more like dialup than satellite. I will try and re-setup the test. I could send a video of it slowly displaying a picture, or waiting 4 or 5 minutes to return Facebook "comments"

Highlighted

@commando57 

If your web pages, such as Facebook, are taking an inordinately long time to load, I suggest downloading some type of page load timer app or extension for your browser to demonstrate this.  You can then take a snapshots of the results and upload them.  As an example, the following is Facebook for me, with the page lowered to the bottom right corner of my desktop so as to include the system clock in the snapshot.  The page load time extension I'm using is no longer available, unfortunately, but there are others. 

Capture.JPG

With regard to videos, because of both the pandemic related high level of congestion with the system right now and the high latency inherent to satellite internet, streaming and videos, like with Youtube and even on Facebook, can be touchy.  They may take longer than normal to load and there may be a good deal of buffering.  This is especially the case in the evening, when the highest number of people are online.  You can try both reducing the resolution of the video and/or turning off, or snoozing, the Video Data Saver, though how much of an effect either of these will have can vary.   

Though the speed tests run are incorrect for the use of official troubleshooting purposes due to the correct sizes not being used, your overall speed appears to be okay.  Because KathyVoss didn't ask for more, and because her remote tests showed about what yours are are averaging, I wouldn't bother running more speed tests, even with the correct sizes.  However, if you're requested to run more in future, please be sure to use the correct sizes (25MB down and 4MB up).

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

https://testmy.net/quickstats/commando57

My results. it looks to me about half the time it isn't working very fast. I dont know about installing a timer, but I can tell you I just got rid of Excede and Hughes  is slower than Excede on restriction ( after I exceeded my allotment). 

Highlighted

@commando57 wrote:

I dont know about installing a timer, but I can tell you I just got rid of Excede and Hughes  is slower than Excede on restriction ( after I exceeded my allotment).

There's not a whole lot anyone will be able to do unless you demonstrate that there's a problem.  Your overall speed appears to be fine, so if you're having problems with slow web pages you need to demonstrate it.   I suggest looking for a page load time extension of some sort for your browser and installing it.  

BTW, you're still using the wrong speed test sizes.  But again, because your speeds don't appear to be a problem and you haven't been asked to run any more of them by a rep, it doesn't really matter.  Still, your wasting a ton of data by running them incorrectly, as in three to four times what you need to use.  If you're asked to run speed tests for official troubleshooting purposes in the future, I'd make sure to read the instructions again and run the tests using the correct sizes.  I reiterated the proper test sizes to use at the end of my last reply.

Highlighted
Freshman

Might as well use it up doing a test as I dont have the patience to sit through a youtube video, waiting for it to buffer. I guess I can't find the place to set the download amount.