cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

bgreely
Freshman

You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

Sorry if this post in the wrong group. We have never had speeds above 1.5mbs. Multiple calls to the support where I was basically told, that is normal, or call back tomorrow if the problem persists. Our modem went out last week, after 5 calls, 5 days and many many hours on the phone with tech support they sent us a new modem. Now a day later we have internet access, but it is even slower that it was before the new modem. I have tried to run speed test (testmy.net, hughes net speed test and one I have on my computer). None will run. I am losing 40% of my packets and getting the "You have limited connectivity to the gateway." error. I realize this is a normal error unless we get 0% lost packets, but that does not explain why we are sooooo slow. Other info from conectivity test:

IP Gateway J2GIL024HNSIGW1102

Packet Loss 40%

Average Delay 601

msMinimum Delay 562

msMaximum Delay 626 ms

23 REPLIES 23
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

@bgreely 

It's possible that there is an aiming issue, though there are other things it could be too.  When the reps see this post they'll likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to see what's going on.  They may need some personal information from you in order to locate your account to do so, but they'll ask for it to be sent via private message, for which they normally provide a link.

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a working day.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
bgreely
Freshman

Today I was able to run a hughesnet speed test (speed test on this website). 

Download speed 33.79 MBS (really?)

Upload speed .08 MBS.

maratsade

If you would like the reps to address speed issues, you will need to run speed tests using Testmy.net. The required troubleshooting protocol is detailed here. 

EDIT: in the meantime, though, wait until you hear from the reps, as the issue might have to do with the dish. 

bgreely
Freshman

I have tried multiple times to access the testmy.net, but I always get, page cannot load. I hope there is something else I can do to figure out what the problem is.

maratsade

I would say for now, the best you can do is wait until one of  the reps (@Liz , @Remy , @Damian ) replies to you, which hopefully will be today. They will attempt to communicate remotely with your modem and run diagnostics to see what may be going on. 

@bgreely wrote:

I have tried multiple times to access the testmy.net, but I always get, page cannot load. I hope there is something else I can do to figure out what the problem is.

bgreely
Freshman

Thanks Maratsade, I will wait. 

GabeU

@bgreely wrote:

I hope there is something else I can do to figure out what the problem is.

You can let the reps diagnose the issue, as mentioned in my first reply.  If you're having connection issues, everything else can be messed up too.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Damian

Hello @bgreely,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. I would definitely like to diagnose this issue and find a suitable solution. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account and I will get started.  

-Damian 

GabeU

@bgreely 

You can PM Damian here.  Or click on his name, then click 'Send a Message' on the upper right.