Hughesnet Community

You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgreely
Freshman

You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

Sorry if this post in the wrong group. We have never had speeds above 1.5mbs. Multiple calls to the support where I was basically told, that is normal, or call back tomorrow if the problem persists. Our modem went out last week, after 5 calls, 5 days and many many hours on the phone with tech support they sent us a new modem. Now a day later we have internet access, but it is even slower that it was before the new modem. I have tried to run speed test (testmy.net, hughes net speed test and one I have on my computer). None will run. I am losing 40% of my packets and getting the "You have limited connectivity to the gateway." error. I realize this is a normal error unless we get 0% lost packets, but that does not explain why we are sooooo slow. Other info from conectivity test:

IP Gateway J2GIL024HNSIGW1102

Packet Loss 40%

Average Delay 601

msMinimum Delay 562

msMaximum Delay 626 ms

23 REPLIES 23
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bgreely 

It's possible that there is an aiming issue, though there are other things it could be too.  When the reps see this post they'll likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to see what's going on.  They may need some personal information from you in order to locate your account to do so, but they'll ask for it to be sent via private message, for which they normally provide a link.

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a working day.

Today I was able to run a hughesnet speed test (speed test on this website). 

Download speed 33.79 MBS (really?)

Upload speed .08 MBS.

maratsade

If you would like the reps to address speed issues, you will need to run speed tests using Testmy.net. The required troubleshooting protocol is detailed here. 

EDIT: in the meantime, though, wait until you hear from the reps, as the issue might have to do with the dish. 

I have tried multiple times to access the testmy.net, but I always get, page cannot load. I hope there is something else I can do to figure out what the problem is.

maratsade

I would say for now, the best you can do is wait until one of  the reps (@Liz , @Remy , @Damian ) replies to you, which hopefully will be today. They will attempt to communicate remotely with your modem and run diagnostics to see what may be going on. 

@bgreely wrote:

I have tried multiple times to access the testmy.net, but I always get, page cannot load. I hope there is something else I can do to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks Maratsade, I will wait. 

GabeU

@bgreely wrote:

I hope there is something else I can do to figure out what the problem is.

You can let the reps diagnose the issue, as mentioned in my first reply.  If you're having connection issues, everything else can be messed up too.  

Damian

Hello @bgreely,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. I would definitely like to diagnose this issue and find a suitable solution. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account and I will get started.  

-Damian 

GabeU

@bgreely 

You can PM Damian here.  Or click on his name, then click 'Send a Message' on the upper right.  

Thanks Gabe, I sent him my phone number. 

Bob

maratsade

Fingers crossed, Bob. I hope the issues will get resolved quickly. 

@bgreely wrote:

I sent him my phone number. 

Bob

@bgreely,

Thank you for providing me with that info via private message. It appears we have no communication with the modem. Is the modem still plugged in? If it is, we may need to get the state code. I will walk you through this once you let me know if the modem is on and what lights are flashing. 

-Damian  

Sorry Damian, quick background. We are building an off grid house in a very remote location. Currently running off of two batteries and two solar panels, until full array is installed. So we turn off the modem at night, it seems to use quite a bit of power. The modem is on now, but we are leaviing town later today and will return Monday. I would like to turn the modem off while we are gone, unless you want to check it while we are gone. It is now 7AM here, we should be here for a few more hours with modem on if you have time to check it.

Thanks for your help,

Bob

maratsade

Damian is often on in the evenings, so he may not get your message until then.  Hopefully one of the other reps here ( (@Liz , @Remy ) will run diagnostics while you're there with the modem on and give the info to Damian. 

Damian, we are back at the cabin and I will leave the modem on tonight. One more thing I did tonight was a tracert. I am getting over 30 hops to the gateway, that cannot be good.

Thanks,

Bob

GabeU

@bgreely 

Damian likely won't be back until tomorrow, and possibly even tomorrow evening.    

What do you see listed for a State Code near the top of the following modem page?

http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

Hi Gabe. Status is green right now. Just ran a connectivity test and got 0% packets lost. So my issues seem to be randomly occurring. There is a diagnostic code I just noticed on the too right of the connectivity screen. Not sure it means anything. 
0000-4000-0400-0043

my tracert still shows more than 30 hops so maybe I am not entering the correct IP?

GabeU

@bgreely 

The Diagnostic Code is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.  LOL.  There are a couple of posts on here explaining how to decipher it, but they were from a while back.  The State Code is the one to keep an eye on.  You can see a list of the State Codes that have occurred since the modem was last plugged in on the following modem page...

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor

I'm not sure about the hops.  

Thanks for the link. The history shows no issues, but I unplugged it yesterday so no history to report. Funny thing happened today. At about 10AM MST our speed suddenly increased and we are now able to send texts. I got a text from Hughes saying my issue has been resolved and do I want to cancel my technician visit Tuesday. Never got anything about what issue was fixed. I am still having the technician come out as we are still not anywhere near 25bps. 

GabeU

@bgreely 

That's good that they fixed whatever the problem was, but I agree that it would have been nice to know what it was they did.  Whatever the case, I hope they're able to improve your speeds.