cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

bgreely
Freshman

Re: You have limited connectivity to the gateway.

Thanks Gabe, I sent him my phone number. 

Bob

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Fingers crossed, Bob. I hope the issues will get resolved quickly. 

@bgreely wrote:

I sent him my phone number. 

Bob

Damian

@bgreely,

Thank you for providing me with that info via private message. It appears we have no communication with the modem. Is the modem still plugged in? If it is, we may need to get the state code. I will walk you through this once you let me know if the modem is on and what lights are flashing. 

-Damian  

bgreely
Freshman

Sorry Damian, quick background. We are building an off grid house in a very remote location. Currently running off of two batteries and two solar panels, until full array is installed. So we turn off the modem at night, it seems to use quite a bit of power. The modem is on now, but we are leaviing town later today and will return Monday. I would like to turn the modem off while we are gone, unless you want to check it while we are gone. It is now 7AM here, we should be here for a few more hours with modem on if you have time to check it.

Thanks for your help,

Bob

maratsade

Damian is often on in the evenings, so he may not get your message until then.  Hopefully one of the other reps here ( (@Liz , @Remy ) will run diagnostics while you're there with the modem on and give the info to Damian. 

bgreely
Freshman

Damian, we are back at the cabin and I will leave the modem on tonight. One more thing I did tonight was a tracert. I am getting over 30 hops to the gateway, that cannot be good.

Thanks,

Bob

GabeU

@bgreely 

Damian likely won't be back until tomorrow, and possibly even tomorrow evening.    

What do you see listed for a State Code near the top of the following modem page?

http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
bgreely
Freshman

Hi Gabe. Status is green right now. Just ran a connectivity test and got 0% packets lost. So my issues seem to be randomly occurring. There is a diagnostic code I just noticed on the too right of the connectivity screen. Not sure it means anything. 
0000-4000-0400-0043

my tracert still shows more than 30 hops so maybe I am not entering the correct IP?

GabeU

@bgreely 

The Diagnostic Code is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.  LOL.  There are a couple of posts on here explaining how to decipher it, but they were from a while back.  The State Code is the one to keep an eye on.  You can see a list of the State Codes that have occurred since the modem was last plugged in on the following modem page...

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor

I'm not sure about the hops.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
bgreely
Freshman

Thanks for the link. The history shows no issues, but I unplugged it yesterday so no history to report. Funny thing happened today. At about 10AM MST our speed suddenly increased and we are now able to send texts. I got a text from Hughes saying my issue has been resolved and do I want to cancel my technician visit Tuesday. Never got anything about what issue was fixed. I am still having the technician come out as we are still not anywhere near 25bps.