cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You take pictures of my house from this pole?

You take pictures of my house from this pole?

After months of hearing that the reason I have no satellite connection was a beam or Act of God, last night they told me the issue was between the satellite and my house. They tell me to go out and look to see if it's all connected properly, which I wondered about since I'm a writer and not a satellite installer or technician. Still, I need tne Internet since I'm paying for it so I went to look. It seems that the wires have rusted out and broken in just a few months. That's bad but here is why I'm even more concerned: the tech guy said he was going to look at the satellite and it turned out that he can take pictures of the outside of my house from wherever he was. In detail since he saw these tiny wires. He could see the ground by my house and thus the windows. Did you tell me this before I got HughesNet? Did I agree to that? How often do you guys do that? I find it creepy and I'm unhappy that it took two months or more for you guys to decide to quit blaming the beam and God even as I paid the bill and had to use my DSL. Please explain this photographing you do of my house apparently at will. Thank you.
28 REPLIES 28

Re: You take pictures of my house from this pole?

NO WAY! Now Hughesnet's cronies are seeing me in the nude?? I always wondered how come Hughesnet's cronies would call me  and ask me to stand by the window after my hot sweaty work out! Oh I am Freaking out! So I wonder if Hughesnet will pay for the new electric remote blinds I now need to get! I wonder if they seen me in my pool. Ok, so what do I do now? Now I feel like someone is watching me! Must I retreat to the bowels of Hell in this dark and dusty cellar? It smells in here, I want to go outside and breath some fresh air but the eyes are watching me, the eyes of the satellite are upon me!
Assistant Professor

Tin foil hat award.
New Poster

I think you misunderstood, when they install a system the installer is suppose to take a series of photos of the instillation, the coax, ground block and grounding wiring and where its grounded and they send them back to hughes in order to prove that the system was properly installed, those are the pics that they were referring to. they cant see your house from where they are much less pics through your windows

Yep Purgatory you should be proud ,  sgoshe  does not give his foil hats to just anybody  !!!!   LOL !!!!

Gotta wonder why someone would decide to spend money on satallite when they have DSL already??? Hughesnet Satallite is for those who don't have any other option. Seems like a lot of money spent having two internet options.

Yes I felt the hand of the tin foil hat guy pronounce me a Sire! (although I'm a her)!

a compliment !!!

Yes it can be done, but only on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays on the fourth week of the month excluding holidays and weekends. Only when the moon is in the first quarter and when your system is not in FAP. But its rough on the coax to do so.

Funny! Smiley Happy I get that there is no expectation of privacy almost anywhere but I just didn't know that in a few minutes, the tech guy could, in his words, take real-time photos of the wiring going from the pole inside my house. He did that while we were on the phone today, and he described exactly what I had just seen in person.