cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You take pictures of my house from this pole?

Re: You take pictures of my house from this pole?

Ha! Not really; it's just a house and pole with dead grass all around it and rusted-out connections, I guess! I just was surprised and wondered why I never realized that was possible.

I wish I had misunderstood but I've had this satellite for months and today was when this new tech guy said for me to wait on the phone a minute while he checked on it. Then he said he had taken photos and he could see what I described, the rusted wires and connectors right next to my house. He noted things I hadn't told him because I didn't know what the parts were called.

I can't believe the wires rusted out in just a few months but they did so I guess it is a high-humidity area! Smiley Happy I have Dish next to it and it hasn't done that but who knows? I just want it to work and was just surprised on the photo ability! I'll survive but I wondered if everyone but me realized they could do that. Plus, I wish they had done it sooner because I just want it to work so I can work! Smiley Happy

Well, you guys have made this a little more fun so I appreciate it! Smiley Happy

I was the last one to know, it seems! Smiley Happy That's what happens when you have two sources of Internet and neither will work at times! Smiley Happy

Sorry; my first reply isn't showing or you'll see two. Ack.

Anyway, I live in the middle of nowhere and have Windstream as my only phone/DSL option. It gets .33 when it works but it goes out often, including recently for five days.

I work entirely online and go to school online so I need Internet about 15 hours a day. I can't go without it and still be paid so that's why I went with Hughes. I knew satellite has issues with bad weather so I was going to keep the DSL as a backup. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use my HughesNet for more than a few hours total in the past few months.

So, yes, it's a lot of extra money but I need two if neither is reliable until I can move. Smiley Sad

Thanks, everyone. I learned, I laughed, and now I better get back to work if my DSL is on! Monday, I may have Hughes again, and that will be great! I wish us all well with our Internet.

yes they take pictures to show what all if any that does need to be done from time to time  that way they get proof one way or other  so as Hughes-Net to cover charges , but i was not butting in just have to have humor in this sometimes  but never personal !!!

Michelle ,you have a good night  and they , Hughes- Net will get you back in shape !!! 

I'm fine with it! Smiley Happy Laughter may not heal my Internet connection but it helps! Smiley Happy

Thanks, Christopher! I feel like it finally is about to be fixed, and I'm so grateful that I don't care anymore if they take life-size pictures of my entire, dead-grass yard, unwashed
windows, and whatever else! Smiley Happy