YouTube wont play on Any of my sytems.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeltaDawg291
New Poster

YouTube wont play on Any of my sytems.

As of yesterday (05/19/2016) YouTube wont play on any of my systems. it wont play on 2 desktops running Windows 10, 2 android phones, and my tablet. I have tried rebooting the modem and router and restarted all of the different systems. I've also cleared the caches, temp files, ets, etc. i've also tried on the latest browsers of Chrome, IE and Firefox. On android phone I just get "connection to server lost...Tap to retry," and on the desktops and tablet it just keeps  trying to load but just get a blank/black screen. I've also tried to disable antivirus and adblocker software and restarted and still nothing. I can play any other video from Netflix, MSN, Hulu just not YouTube. Any ideas please???

13 REPLIES 13
DeltaDawg291
New Poster

Nope. Even if I did then I wouldn't be able to play vids from Hulu or Netflix lIke i already mentioned. Still have plenty of allowance during regular hours and free time. And I have the max pack with the latest upgraded modem.
Chris11
Alum

Hi DeltaDawg,

Welcome and thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear what you are experiencing. You've definitely tried everything. One thing I can think to try next is connecting just one computer(Your desktop) directly to the Hughesnet modem through Ethernet. Take the router out of the equation and see if anything changes. Also, I'm assuming you've used these devices on another network and YouTube was able to work? Hope to hear from you soon.

EDIT: One other thing would be to disable web acceleration. Here's how

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/can_i_enable_disable_my_web_acceleration_myself

If web acceleration does not help make sure to re enable it.

Thank you,
Chris
Pawnee County

That is strange what quality setting are you using for YouTube if HD 720p try changing to 360 or 480p?  

Is it not loading or loading then buffering all the time?  

Not loading may be a browser glitch.  With Windows 10 and  Android are you using Edge, Firefox, or Chrome?  

I had problems with YouTube using Chrome under Windows 10 and Linux while other video like Fox News Clips worked just fine.  I would suggest changing Browsers and see what happens.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Can run this HTML5 video test: https://html5test.com/

It gives a nice scorecard on how everything is performing.
Pawnee County

Hey that's a cool test Chrominum score 527 FireFox 472 out of 555

Back to Delta's problem if it will work with NetFlix and MSN it should work with YouTube as well unless the resolution is set for  HD on YouTube but the little gear at the bottom right will give you other choices.  I do know at times I have to change it back to 360p as it will try to default to 720p then will not load.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yep, there is that. I know 720p can take so long to load sometimes it seem's like it is not working at all. At least the few times I've tried HD anyway, one more reason to stick with 360p and lower besides the huge savings with data consumption.
DeltaDawg291
New Poster

Thanks Chris,

I always seem to forget to take the router out of the equation. After doing just that youtube did work. So apparently its the router, cause once i plugged it back in youtube went dead again. Everything else works just youtube wont play...any suggestions that may help so I dont need to go to the routers makers?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Ensure that QoS is disabled in the routers settings.
DeltaDawg291
New Poster

QoS didn't make a difference.
DeltaDawg291
New Poster

Well, I gave up the other day trying to get YouTube and also GooglePlay videos to run on all of my systems. Even though vids from other sources worked (Hulu, Netflix, etc, etc.) YouTube and Google play just did not want to work. I tried almost all of the possible fixes provided by everyone and nothing worked, except for directly hooking my desktop into the modem and not my wi-fi router. I researched all day and night (didn't eat dinner till about 10) as much as possible and posted through several community boards. Eventually had to give up for the day, my vision was getting blurry and my feet were swelling...time to quit. 

Whatever happened overnight, the router fairies or whatever, YouTube and GooglPlay are up and running again. I have no idea how or why it came back, so don't ask. So the only thing I can figure is that for whatever reason some setting (whatever it was) somehwere, either from YouTube or Google or my Asus router was changed so that the vids would play. Again I have no clues but glad that its working again.

So for all those that provided help or comments, Thank you! I just wish that I had an answer to post for future reference should this ever happen again, (which probably will). Thanks again everyone!!!
Chris11
Alum

Hi DeltaDawg,

We appreciate you coming back and providing some feedback. The fact that it worked without the router could be due to(the router) needing a firmware update which I would have suggested after your response about it. I've seem many routers by default have automatic firmware updates set up so that could be the case. However you would need to look through the logs to confirm. Just glad it is now working. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let us know. 

Thank you,
Chris
DeltaDawg291
New Poster

Hey Chris,

Yeah, I did all that before posting on this site. I made sure it had the latest firmware and when everything was last updated. Even checked any Windows updates and other programs to be sure that everything was updated and or there was no new update right before the problem occured to rule out the other software. Everything was updated with the latest updates well before the problem occured so I was able to rule that out. Still not able to figure out what finally changed to allow YouTube and GooglePlay vids to just start working through the router. I got no reply from YouTube or Google if there was some change on their end and I doubt I ever will. But if I do hear from them Ill post an update. Thanks again for your help and getting back to me...unlike some other companies I'll refrain from mentioning, as if we all dont already know anyhow.

Thanks,
DeltaDawg291