cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube wont play on Any of my sytems.

Highlighted

Re: YouTube wont play on Any of my sytems.

QoS didn't make a difference.
Highlighted

Well, I gave up the other day trying to get YouTube and also GooglePlay videos to run on all of my systems. Even though vids from other sources worked (Hulu, Netflix, etc, etc.) YouTube and Google play just did not want to work. I tried almost all of the possible fixes provided by everyone and nothing worked, except for directly hooking my desktop into the modem and not my wi-fi router. I researched all day and night (didn't eat dinner till about 10) as much as possible and posted through several community boards. Eventually had to give up for the day, my vision was getting blurry and my feet were swelling...time to quit. 

Whatever happened overnight, the router fairies or whatever, YouTube and GooglPlay are up and running again. I have no idea how or why it came back, so don't ask. So the only thing I can figure is that for whatever reason some setting (whatever it was) somehwere, either from YouTube or Google or my Asus router was changed so that the vids would play. Again I have no clues but glad that its working again.

So for all those that provided help or comments, Thank you! I just wish that I had an answer to post for future reference should this ever happen again, (which probably will). Thanks again everyone!!!
Highlighted
Alum

Hi DeltaDawg,

We appreciate you coming back and providing some feedback. The fact that it worked without the router could be due to(the router) needing a firmware update which I would have suggested after your response about it. I've seem many routers by default have automatic firmware updates set up so that could be the case. However you would need to look through the logs to confirm. Just glad it is now working. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let us know. 

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Hey Chris,

Yeah, I did all that before posting on this site. I made sure it had the latest firmware and when everything was last updated. Even checked any Windows updates and other programs to be sure that everything was updated and or there was no new update right before the problem occured to rule out the other software. Everything was updated with the latest updates well before the problem occured so I was able to rule that out. Still not able to figure out what finally changed to allow YouTube and GooglePlay vids to just start working through the router. I got no reply from YouTube or Google if there was some change on their end and I doubt I ever will. But if I do hear from them Ill post an update. Thanks again for your help and getting back to me...unlike some other companies I'll refrain from mentioning, as if we all dont already know anyhow.

Thanks,
DeltaDawg291