cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your download totals are wrong.....

New Poster

Re: Your download totals are wrong.....

Like I said and you apparently didn't read my last post, you want me to stand in the corner on my head, stick my fingers in my ears, and go lalalalala to do something that won't prove anything.  Just read all the posts on here where nothing was resolved.  I sent you screen shots and I explained them that yes the modem was on but everything in the house that hooks to the internet was off.  You want me to turn off the water to the house and look for a leak.  How does that work?  Apparently it doesn't based on the previous posts of other dissatisfied customers.

My problem now is my bill and your customer service personnel.   My bill was $180 because according to your invoice I bought one 2G token for $64.  When I called to try to find out what it was all about I get some guy in the Philippines that I can't understand.  I asked to be transferred and he would not transfer me.  You would think with the rates that you charge you could at least hire reps that live and work in the USA.

I'm sure I bought two 2G's and one 1G but that is all I bought.  Maybe I could have gotten that straightened out if I could only have found someone that speaks ENGLISH.

Another thing why is it harder now to sign into our acct with you than it is to sign into a bank?  Now you want to share my info from Yahoo or facebook?  Why?  It also would not let me use my nickname on here and I had to change it because it told me it was already being used.  Yes it was but by us.

Associate Professor

The idea behind the method is to isolate the modem from your network, if the modem isn't being isolated then there's no way to prove that Hughes is at fault for the missing data allowance.

Many others have tried in the past to prove Hughes isn't tracking data properly, yet no one wants to attempt to prove with actual testing that Hughes goes by, by unplugging their router from the modem and leaving the modem isolated.

back before they upgraded to 50 gig bonus time. we rarely used all the twenty gig. after they went to 50 it seems as if my data is being used double. and i have not changed anything in the way i use data. it is still 7 days from reset and i am already down to 8 gig left on bonus and completely out on daytime. its like they are not using any kind of compression on the data.. i play for a couple hrs on computer and 2 gig fly by. and this is only playing flash game on face book.  and after reading all these comments its quite clear the same thing is happening to everyone.
Associate Professor

Flash based games can consume large amounts of data, for example, two years ago I was at a friends house setting a new PFSense router up, we noticed some unusual activity, mind you, he is on a 1.5Mbps DSL connection, after a few hours, his grandmother next door (same network connection) complained when we disconnected her.  We noted that she had consumed several GB worth of data playing those games.
Assistant Professor

Flash games are constantly downloading and updating the graphics. They are not like games that are installed on your computer where the graphics comes from the local system not over the internet.
Even with online games that are installed on the computer the graphics is still coming from the computer, not over the internet. The online interface within the software just tells the game what graphics to pull up, it doesn't download it. Flash games download it.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have been on the internet since there was an internet and this is the worst ser....

I have been on the internet since there was an internet and this is the worst service I have ever had. Not only can't they read the usage right when you call in they don't speak english.  Last month I had an issue with data usage and they wanted me to stand on my head in the corner and go lalalalala and then tell me it wasn't their problem.  I bought a couple of tokens cause I had to use the net.  I now get the bill and it shows I bought a 2G token for $64 and a 1G token for $9.  When I called to question the bill I get some guy in India or the Phillipines and I could not understand him and he could not understand my question.  I ask for another rep that spoke english and he would not transfer my call.  I've had it and will be cancelling my service when I get home.  Oh that reminds me, I haven't been home since May 19th. system reset itself on the 20th. and I am down to 57% available.  HOW?
Alum

Hi RayandDeb,

I will look into this for you and get back to you with an update.

Thanks,
Chris
Alum

Hi RayandDeb,

I investigated further into your account and found that you purchased 4 2gb tokens in mid may, here is a picture of the dates and time in case you aren't able to view them on your end:

I'm sorry if the purchases were inadvertent on you part and as a show of good faith and since you have been a customer with us for 2 years I went ahead and added 2gb to your token bandwidth bucket. I also added a credit of $64 dollars to your account. 

If you would like to keep troubleshooting your modem so that we can find the source of you data usage you can follow the steps provided. I'm sure we can get a handle on this.

Thanks,
Chris
New Poster

I won't be home for another two weeks and at that time I will do that test. Thanks Chris and I sure hope the company hires reps in the USA that speak English in the near future.
Highlighted

Actually, ATT is not more costly than Hughes. For as much as I pay at Hughes (100 bucks a month), I was able to add 40 GB to my cell phone plan. 40 GB that I am actually able to use at ANY time, unlike Hughes, that requires you to get up at insane hours to surf the internet if you want to use the "extra" 20 GB you pay for and then waste every months since most of us are not vampires. And it's 40GB that ACTUALLY WORKS ALL THE TIME and is speedy and isn't constantly disconnecting! Imagine that! It's also data that ROLLS OVER, so I never waste anything. Something that Hughes will never do. 

RayandDeb, if you have a way to use ATT, I recommend doing that. It's so much better. And the data counter is actually accurate, unlike Hughes. Last time I logged into my data counter, it had letters instead of numbers as the percentages. That tells you how accurate it is. It's a piece of crap.