Youtube will not stream video on any devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB69
Freshman

Youtube will not stream video on any devices

So for the past few days I cannot get Youtube to play videos AT ALL, kinda think its the same for facebook but im not sure. Other sites play video just fine on any device. The page or app loads up just fine, shows videos to play, but click, and just buffer, and buffer, and buffer. Never plays, never loads. Its onky doing this to youtube and its apps. All other video sites work fine and it does it on all devices. The same devices play fine on other internet sources so its definitely hughesnets end. Ive rebooted everything twice and still happens. 

12 REPLIES 12
Breninithaca
Sophomore

Same issue here. Not just YouTube. I can't do any streaming media at all - Facebook Live, Spotify, Gazebo. Just spins and spins. Unrelated but I can't get Paypal to load either, I just get a white screen with a spinning icon in the middle of it past 2 days. It's not Paypal because i know other people aren't having problems with it. It's like things that were always slow to load in the past, now can't load at all.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Known issue, and it seems to be spreading.  It's related to internet congestion with every ISP. 

Breninithaca wrote:

Same issue here. Not just YouTube. I can't do any streaming media at all - Facebook Live, Spotify, Gazebo. Just spins and spins. Unrelated but I can't get Paypal to load either, I just get a white screen with a spinning icon in the middle of it past 2 days. It's not Paypal because i know other people aren't having problems with it. It's like things that were always slow to load in the past, now can't load at all.

If that were the case then it wouldnt work on other ISPs and mobile data. Seems to only be hughesnet as far as I can tell.

nmezza73

The same thing happened to me! Youtube won't play on my pc, ipad or iphone and Netflix's website won't load either. I turned off wifi on my iphone and used my at&t data and it worked so this is definitely an issue with Hughes Net and not my computer. I called tech support last night and they gave me more high speed data because I was out and it didn't fix anything. Tried calling again today and they're currently too busy to take calls and won't even let me wait on hold. Please respond back if you figure out how to fix it! 

I have the same problem....tech support is busy.....anyone out there that's can help?

Same thing is happening to me! I was told they turned off streaming for everyone. But I have to do collage online and some of our videos is linked through YouTube and I can’t even do that!
ChrisLovessia

Same here, since 4/3. YouTube won't play on computer or ROKU.  Just got data refreshed on 4/2. Coincidence?

Hughesnet seems to be full of "coincidences" like that.

Hughesnet, america's number one choice in sattelite internet. Because we are your ONLY choice for it, and we will over charge the crap out of you and rip you off at the drop of a hat just because we can.

Hi folks, 

Thanks for posting. Our engineers are currently investigating.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

It seems to be also affecting newly uploaded videos on other websites as well as application dowloading services such as the microsoft store and google play.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

• Some sites are not working for some people. Among them: iCloud.com, Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube, and others.
  • HN is aware of this issue
  • The HN engineers are working to resolve it
  • The issue may be external to HN
  • A deadly pandemic is affecting our country and the world. As a result of this, millions of people are working and learning from home, and straining ISP systems to capacity.
  • The issue is most noticeable to users of satellite internet, but it is affecting users of other ISPs as well
  • While terrestrial-based ISPs (such as cable) can add more capacity, satellite ISPs have finite capacity and can't add more without launching new satellites, a process that is very expensive and takes many months
  • Streaming is not working well for many people. The best thing to do about streaming right now is to avoid it.
  • These times call for all of us to show patience and strength in the face of chaos, and to shift our priorities.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

JB69 wrote:

It seems to be also affecting newly uploaded videos on other websites as well as application dowloading services such as the microsoft store and google play.

Hello everyone,

I appreciate your patience while our engineers addressed this; Netflix and YouTube should be working by now. 

If you still have concerns, please start your own thread and describe in detail what is happening so we can assist.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!