Hughesnet Community

accessing Customer support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbpollak

accessing Customer support

PLEASE send advice on how to access REAL customer support for HughesNet. Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18
Liz

Hi pbpollak,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. This is one place you can get support, how can we help?

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

pbpollak

Thank you. First, I'd like to know when I will receive my router? The installer did not bring one when he installed the equip. yesterday.
pbpollak

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need a copy of my order. Please have one sent to me..

The sales rep tells me he sent my order confirmation to the wrong email address. I need a copy of it to pay the bill. How do I get it?
pbpollak

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Missing Equipment.

When will I receive my router? The installer did not bring one and my service has been activated although I do not have service.
pbpollak

Second, Please "hold" my account. My account was activated and I do not have all the equipment I contracted for and need to use it.
pbpollak

Third, Please send me a copy of my order. The sales agent did not send one to ME. He apparently sent it to someone else.
Liz

Hi,

I've located your account and can investigate further to address your concerns.

I see that you're getting one of our D-Link routers. I'll see if I can find an ETA on that and let you know, but if we're shipping it, I would think it would be there within 10 business days or less.

I also see we've already updated your account with the correct Gmail address. At the very least, you will need your SAN (your account number) to pay your bill. You can find your SAN in the System Control Center (SCC) by typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser and hitting enter. You'll see the SAN at the top of of the page; it starts with "DSS".

I noticed you were wondering about your contract, our legal site is where you can find the subscriber agreement: http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-01-01-15.cfm

Feel free to post additional questions here in this thread, I know you're a new customer so I anticipate many questions!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

OK, looks like we don't have the means to re-send the confirmation e-mail, but I can show you where to find the same information from the e-mail that are significant.

In my previous post, I've already explained how to find your SAN. 

The next things are your order number and date, and I've pulled those up for you: 
Order #: 10783034
Order date: 08/27/2016

The main thing is the billing information. You can find your current billing information in the Support Center. 

How to Sign Into Your
Support Center

Visit your Support Center here: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

Click the “Sign In” tab to visit your sign in
screen.

Enter your HughesNet user ID and password, then
click “Sign In” to sign in.

Alternately, you can use an existing e-mail or
social media account to sign in.

5.       Once logged in, scroll down to find your billing information and pull up your latest invoice in the Billing Account Management panel.

Finally, there are the estimated month recurring fees. I'll e-mail that to you separately.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Liz

pbpollak

Thank you so much! Now, How do we adjust my account and billing date to start AFTER I receive my router?
Liz

You're very welcome!

We bill in advance for our services, so when you pay the bill, you're paying for the upcoming month. Any charges accrued during the month will be added to the next bill.

The billing date is traditionally set to the same date as your installation, so your bill date is the 29th.

In the meantime, while you wait for the router, you can plug your computer directly to the HughesNet modem to start accessing the internet. 

If you don't have a computer or other device that can connect directly to the modem, just let me know when you're set up with the router, I can credit you for the days without any internet usage.

-Liz

Liz

Good morning pbpollak,

I did some investigating this morning and it looks like the D-Link router was on backorder, but after hearing from the factory, looks like they are putting together the router kits ASAP and will start shipping today.

I would be on the lookout for the router within a week or so. Please check back with me next Wednesday or so to let me know whether you've received the router or not.

Thank you!

-Liz

pbpollak

Hello, THANK you so much for attending to my questions! You are a beam of light in a sea of darkness 😉
I now recognize that the inability to send me a copy of my order is a company issue. It is absurd. I found a $200 billing discrepancy on my first order ONLY from looking at the order itself. Customer service and escalation were unable to correct it. I had to cancel the order and re-order. The missing "order" is from the re-order. The sales agent (who had nothing to do except fill in the form since I knew exactly what I wanted to do, made a typo in my address. I only found out when I did not receive an e-copy of my order in a timely way. Since my email address is my name, I did not err in spelling it for the agent. He made the mistake (although that point is NOT relevant to this matter.) It is beyond belief that a company as large as Hughes Net cannot send me a copy of my order.
By the way, I (not anyone at Hughes Net) went to my account on-line and corrected my email address. Not a single one of the 10 or so reps that I spoke to about the error went to the account and corrected it.  You are, as far as I can tell the only one who has helped at all. THANK YOU!
BTW, I spoke to the installer today. He will expedite the shipping of the router to me. I expect to have it by Friday. No one will be at the address for a month after Monday so a 5-10 business day delivery would leave the router on the doorstep for a month.  It would not likely be there anymore when anyone (who belongs there) got to the house.  This is the first internet connection at that property. Hence, there are no computers at the location to plug in directly. Only mobile phones.  I will let you know when the router arrives for the billing adjustment.
Thank you for your help. (Who can I tell?)
Liz

You're very welcome, and thank you for letting me know that the installer is taking charge of getting that router to you. 

I appreciate your comments, I'm glad to be of help. I'll keep your thread open the rest of this week so you can update me if needed.

-Liz

pbpollak

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP! My router has been shipped to the WRONG address. I have no service..

Redirect Router shipment
My router has been shipped to an address of a vacant house. I told the installer this on the phone this morning. The shipment must be redirected. How is this done?
ALSO Please stop my account and do not activate it until I call and say I want it activated. There is no one at the address and no router, for awhile.
pbpollak

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Redirect Router shipment. Adjust account to not start until we have service..

Liz has been helping me. Please direct this to her.
Hello Liz,
I just received a note from UPS that my router will be delivered on Tuesday. I told the installer this morning that if I did not receive it by FRIDAY, it would be left on the porch for a month or so. Please help me redirect this shipment to another address.
AND, 2. Please adjust my account to an unknown date in the future. And, let me know how to notify Hughes Net when we want service to start.
Thank you.
Liz

Hi pbpollak,

In our efforts to make things right, we overcompensated a bit. I see that another device (not a router) was sent to the Cambridge location and is due to arrive this Friday. You can keep it or do whatever you like with it, it's not necessary for your setup.

The UPS notice for the router you got was most likely from the router I sent as a backup, just in case the installer did not come through. Unfortunately, there is no option on my end to expedite routers.

With the installer sending you a router from his stock, we can't track it, so I've e-mailed him if he has any status on it; no word from him since this morning. I hope that router does arrive by Friday as he promised. In the end, you'll end up with two of our D-Link routers, free of charge. I'm sorry for the confusion, but at least you may use the extra router in another location or just keep it as a spare.

Regarding your second concer, when the installer initially installed the HughesNet system, he effectively activated it; that's what happens during installation. As I mentioned before, once you start using the system, please let me know so I can credit your account for the days you did not use the HughesNet service.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

pbpollak

Thanks for everything, Liz! I was at the vacation house until yesterday and wanted you to know what happened. The installer installed the service on Monday 8/29 and the modem arrived and was set-up on 9/1 or 2. It works now. Hooray.
FYI a second package arrived (first,) it wasn't a modem.  I don't know what it is.
I posted a question about suspending service in a separate thread.
Thanks so much for all your help.
Patricia
Liz

Good morning pbpollak,

Thank you for keeping me in the loop! I think you meant the router arrived? In any case, I'm glad to hear you got it working. I'll go ahead and credit you for 8/29 - 9/2 if the service wasn't used at that time.

Please don't hesitate to come back if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Liz