"Unfortunately, the page that you are looking for no longer exist."

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timandjodi
Sophomore

"Unfortunately, the page that you are looking for no longer exist."

New customer, gen 5, everything fine for the first month. Just recently started getting this message when trying to open a page.  It seems to happen totally randomly and is intermittent.  Happens on links, bookmarks, and when typing directly into the address bar.  

This is the address it shows:  http://messages.hughesnet.com/billing/sdcc.cfm?SN=12426518

And this is what is displayed in the browser window, and nothing else: Unfortunately, the page that you are looking for no longer exist.

Any ideas?  

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
timandjodi
Sophomore

Sorry, subject was supposed to be in " "  Not sure what happened.

MarkJFine
Professor

By "a page" do you mean any page, even outside of HughesNet?

Just wondering if the performance check script they insert into the header section has gone haywire.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Yes any and all pages seem to be affected randomly.  Whether its a link, one of my own bookmarks, or just typing something into the address bar.  

Wondering if this is related to the router and something I can reset, or something else completely. I really have no idea, other than it is a bit annoying.

The only thing that might be from the modem is if the cached DNS was possibly hosed.

So if a power reset doesn't fix it, it's most likely something on the other side of the dish.

Certainly is bizarre.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@timandjodi

With "billing" being in the address, it makes me wonder if it is tied to a billing issue.  If, for whatever reason, a payment does not go through when the collection for the new bill is attempted, it can trigger a message on the system that frequently notifies the user of the billing problem.

You may want to check to make sure your most recent payment went through.  Things like a new CC or bank card being issued but not having been updated in the system, or insufficient funds at the time of the billing attempt, can cause this.  

Amanda

Hello timandjodi

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As it has been mentioned here, the page is most likely related to a billing issue on your account. Sometimes it is just an expired credit card on the account. Please review your billing information by clicking on the "My Account" link at the top of this page.

I have taken a screenshot of the error you are getting and will be escalating this to the appropriate engineering group. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

~Amanda

Just as an FYI for any and all who might be interested in this particular investigation - our engineering group for this system have located a redirect issue and it is being addressed. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

~Amanda

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hmmm.... lol

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Hrm, would be nice if the Usage Meter showed "Messages" like this one for billing on the... Messages box...  >.> 

Only "Message" I've ever seen on the meter is "Congratulations! You have no messages in your inbox". Why is it even there? I quit clicking on it long ago. Seems to be wasted code and graphics.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I always wondered what the "Message" section of the Hughesnet Meter was for.  

I thought, perhaps, one day I would go online, my Usage Meter would blink, and there would be a message stating, "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you!"  LOL.  😛

The Slack app always has a message like that when it starts up. It's so left-coast.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

The Slack app always has a message like that when it starts up. It's so left-coast.

What???

Yeah, when it starts up it always has some kind of motivational message like that...
Untitled 2.jpg