cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

believe I was mislead when asking about my monthly data limit

Liz

Re: believe I was mislead when asking about my monthly data limit

Good morning Nick,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I'm happy to hear you're satisfied with your HughesNet service. We would also like to ensure that our Fair Access Policy, specifically our Bonus Bytes hours were disclosed during your sales call. I've requested that call to be reviewed and will post back once we get an update.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

nick7716

Thanks Liz
tdshirar

I too feel like I was misled about data usage and limits when I purchased my account.  Unfortantly, I placed my order on the web after I had talked to a Customer Service Rep.  Now they have no record of the call, so in turn there is no recourse. 

Hope all works out for you
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

When ordering online, you are given links to the contractual terms, as well as all other agreements to review before proceeding further.  Chances are, you glossed over it, like everyone else does, thinking it's something stupid and not important.
Liz

Good morning Nick,

Thank you again for your patience while we investigated further into your sales call. The results are as follows:

Our QA department returned the following results:

Date of sale: March 16th, 2016

Results:
8:00: Agent verifies the package the customer was going to obtain was the 10MBPS, 10GB anytime, and 50GB bonus for $69.99/mo. w/ free activation and installation. Customer confirmed.

10:45: Agent informs account holder of the provider through whom service would be allocated and confirms the speed of up to 10MBPS, 10GB anytime, and 50GB bonus, having a 60GB total monthly allowance.

The agent did disclose anytime/bonus bytes however did not disclose that bonus bytes were restricted to 2AM – 8AM local time.

We have addressed the agent, coached them on the correct way to disclose data, and administered a written warning.
I sincerely apologize that the actual Bonus Bytes hours weren't made clear to you during the sales call. If you feel these Bonus Hours do not meet your needs, you are free to call in at 866.347.3292 to cancel your service without penalty. You are within the first 30 days of installation, so there will be no early termination fee if you decide to cancel.

For the miscommunication and inconvenience, I'll apply a discount on your account right now should you keep your HughesNet service.

Feel free to post back if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Nick Forkeotes

Thank you for the taking the time to check out I will discuss this with the family and see if we can work this out. Service so far has been good with no real issues at all so thank you for that will get with costumer service asap
Liz

Glad to hear that Nick, thank you for your patience. We're here if you need us.

-Liz