cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bonus byte for Gen3 plans

bonus byte for Gen3 plans

Hello.  I have an HN 9000 modem on Gen3.  I have the the status meter and it says my bonus bytes time is 2:00 am - 8:00.  I live on the east coast.
Yesterday - I was up at 4:30 am so I decided to download some lectures and large files.  The status meter was blue, indicating I was in bonus period.  All good there and no issues.

Today, I am up at 7:00 am and decide to do some more downloading of these very large lecture files.  The status meter is green, indicating I am not in bonus period.  

I do not understand why the status meter says my bonus period is 2 am - 8-am and at 7:00 am it is in green/daily usage mode.  

Please tell me exactly when my bonus period is and please change the status meter to reflect this.  I think it is very misleading to have the wrong information on the status meter.

Thank You.
10 REPLIES 10

Re: bonus byte for Gen3 plans

Hello William,

You are very correct that your bonus period starts at 2 AM however since you on Gen3 Spaceway, your bonus period ends at 7AM, so that is why your status meter was green at that moment.
I hope this helps clear that up!

Thanks
Amanda

Thanks for the clarification.  
Why would the status meter say 2-8.  I really feel this is false advertisement, misleading and confusing.  Shouldn't this type of information that displays for each consumer be consumer specific and not generic.  
I used up all my data because of this very misleading information.  Are you able to give me a free token because of the confusion?

Hi William

The status meter should adjust itself based on the system you are using. Do you have a screenshot I can send to my developers and show them? Also, I believe our business department is the only ones who can release you from FAP (we have limited visibility here in the residential side)

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted

Associate Professor

Hello Charles & William

Thanks for the screenshot!
Well, as I mentioned before the status meter adapts to your service plan, so this is typically what it looks like for Gen3 users. Just to be sure, William, can you install the latest status meter from the link Charles provided you just to be absolutely sure? I've already got a team standing by who can look at this and change it if needed.

Thanks
Amanda

Hello.  I updated to the new status meter and it does not recognize my modem.  
Associate Professor

What does it show when you open it? Screenshot would be beneficial.  You may have to click "Settings" then uncheck "Use default modem address" and type the address in by hand.

Hi ! I was just about to recommend this but forgot I had a 3PM meeting.

Clicking on your settings, unchecking Use Default Modem Address and manually entering 192.168.0.1 should solve this problem!

Thanks
Amanda