cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brand new customer, getting less than 10mbs download speed, please help or I'll cancel

New Poster

Re: brand new customer, getting less than 10mbs download speed, please help or I'll cancel

That is really sad to hear. I am a new customer as well getting really slow speeds. Right now I'm going thru the motions with all these test and troubleshooting actions and nothing has worked. Do you happen to know if there is a way of cancelling without have to pay the $400 penalty? Seems like the only way would have been to cancel prior to install. But it's not until they install that you find out the service sucks.
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: brand new customer, getting less than 10mbs download speed, please help or I'll cancel

@r3wt wrote:

The folks in this forum will basically lie and **bleep** you around, ask you to provide speed tests, and all this other stuff, and make no mistake, there is basically nothing they can do to change it.

They'll try to use crafty rhetoric to finagle their way out of it, but basically yes, they have lied in a way that is currently legal for them to do, because we live in a country ran by corporations.

Though I am not a rep, nor do I work for Hughesnet, I can tell you that dissuading someone from performing the steps needed to determine the cause of the issue they are having absolutely WILL NOT BE TOLERATED on this Community.

This is a support site, not a rant site, nor a site to stop others from receiving help.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@Inesq wrote:
That is really sad to hear. I am a new customer as well getting really slow speeds. Right now I'm going thru the motions with all these test and troubleshooting actions and nothing has worked. Do you happen to know if there is a way of cancelling without have to pay the $400 penalty? Seems like the only way would have been to cancel prior to install. But it's not until they install that you find out the service sucks.

Troubleshooting doesn't fix the problem.  Troubleshooting helps to determine what the problem is.  The tests not only verify the problem, but can also point to the cause.  To determine the problem and try to fix it takes a little time.  This isn't an instant fix site.  You posted for the first time less than 24 hours ago.  Please perform the steps asked on your original thread.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Well I'll ignore the rants...

I'm trying to be happy with this service, and would be if my speeds were consistent and within reason of the advertised speed.  I've yet to hear from an admin on how to go about getting this resolved.  Would love some help and will give them a chance, but if it comes down to it I will cancel as well as I do have other options, and they can take the termination fee and go shove it.  But anyways, I'm trying to be reasonable and patient here....

I was home today and able to log multiple tests per hour, throughtout most of the day.  Most of the afternoon and morning, speeds were again great, streamed some HD Amazon Video shows to try that out and it worked great.   Sadly, now that it's just past 6pm, again I'm getting consistent speeds of ~4-10Mbs download, like clockwork.  

Hard to see how this could be some kind of hardware problem or any problem on my end that can be fixed, but waiting for an answer.

-Tim

@timandjodi

The admins will respond.  Sometimes it takes a little while.  Theyr'e a busy bunch, doing a lot more than just monitoring the Community.  

I'll tag the admins so they'll be sure to see your thread.

@Liz @Amanda @Aedan

Good morning timandjodi,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting and providing speed tests. I've run diagnostics on your site, and the equipment appears to be working normally despite your speed test results. I'll escalate your case up to engineering. I'll post back once I have any news or questions for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Thanks Liz I appreciate you looking into it.

And it does seem to be working correctly to me as well, as long as it's not during the busy hours Smiley Happy

-Tim

Highlighted
Sophomore

Hi Admins, 

I have not heard anything more on this at all.  Any updates? Help?

Thanks, 

Tim

Good morning Tim,

No significant updates from engineering. I'll let you know once I do have news to share. In the meantime, please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->