cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bytes at 50% at start of morning 7am

bytes at 50% at start of morning 7am

Problem Statement           : I am on gen 3, I am suppose to start the day off with 750 mb yet I just looked at my usage and it says I only have 564 mb to use. This is not right and I see a lot of complaints on the community board. Why is this a problem? /////////this is the answer I got////////////

Dear Mr. Egener, 

Thank you for contacting HughesNet Support.

I understand you are not getting your daily refill.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention, your time and efforts are highly appreciated. 

I would like to inform you that Hughes has rolled out a new feature called the Download Bank.  This feature allows you to keep some of your unused download allowance from one day to the next and as a result, your maximum download allowance will be set to double your daily download allowance (375 MB * 2= 750 MB). 

Previously, the Status Meter measured the daily Download Allowance.  Now with the Download Bank, the Status Meter will measure twice as much of your Download Allowance.   One hundred percent will now represent two days of the Download Allowance.  If the Status Meter indicates 50%, that means you have 1 full day's worth of Download Allowance available.  If you take advantage of a Restore Token, your Status Meter will reset to 50% (one day) of your Download Allowance.

Please visit http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/4940.aspx for more information. 

Hope this helps!  For additional questions, please contact us at 1-866-347-3292 or online at http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com via Chat or Email.  We are open 24/7.

.   Again, thank you for contacting HughesNet Support.  Have a great day!         

You have changed your floor mat .. no wonder why I run Short .. before I never ran short and now ???????????? ..... This does not look right to me...

HughesNet Support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: bytes at 50% at start of morning 7am

Hi Steven,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Charles and Gwalk got it; the rollover program for legacy plans with a daily refill would just show 50% of allowance available on a new day if you had nothing to roll over from the previous day. This can understandably be confusing, just remember that it's 50% of what you can bank within a two-day period.

If you have additional concerns please let us know in detail so we can best assist you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor

stevenleslie,

The Download Bank has been around for a LONG time now...  Basically you can save upto two days worth of data for use, if you go below 50% of your remaining allowance, you will still get your normal daily refill of 375MB, but the meter will not reflect 100%.
Honorary Alumnus

DW6000 & HN7000s units assigned to certain transponders that had the "Roll-over" bank enabled and all legacy HN9000 systems (read as "daily refill") have always, since inception had a maximum  of two day accumulation.

What is misleading I guess is that the status meter shows that as 100%.

If you deplete all your allowance on "day one" by 2 am you have nothing to "roll-over" so when the next days refill occurs, the meter reads 50%.

Speaking as someone that had a 7000s, the system has always, since inception, worked that way.

Hi Steven,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Charles and Gwalk got it; the rollover program for legacy plans with a daily refill would just show 50% of allowance available on a new day if you had nothing to roll over from the previous day. This can understandably be confusing, just remember that it's 50% of what you can bank within a two-day period.

If you have additional concerns please let us know in detail so we can best assist you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->