can anyone watch youtube?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allred509
New Poster

can anyone watch youtube?

I have a white circle spinning in the middle of the screen with video frozen?

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your video is buffering  likely because of congestion (the number of people using HughesNet simultaneously in your area).

When this buffering happens to you, go to your modem's status page at http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status and check what the number is next to State Code, then post that number here. 

allred509 wrote:

I have a white circle spinning in the middle of the screen with video frozen?

Here is the code 0.0.0 -- Fully operational  Thanks!Smiley Happy

maratsade

If the modem is fully operational and green across the board (no red checkmarks), then the problem is likely congestion and internet latency issues, including how sites handle requests. When latency is high, sites think they've lost connection to you and try to resend the request, and this messes things up.

You can try rebooting the modem (may not solve the problem when there's a lot of congestion, but it's worth a try), or modify your viewing habits.  Keep in mind that satellite internet can't work like cable, DSL, or fiber. While you can stream with it, you have to adjust your habits, behaviours, and expectations. 

I've re-booted several times with no luck I had, Dishnet never had a problem with youtube videos beginning to think I down graded instead of upgrading. I haven't been able to watch one single youtube.  Smiley Frustrated

maratsade

You may be in a very congested area.  What internet provider did you get with Dishnet? 

I'm not sure but, I guess it really does'nt matter now. Thanks! Smiley Frustrated

maratsade

Well, if it really isn't working for you and you have something else available in your area,  you may need to consider switching. 

I'm in a 2 year contract

maratsade

OK, but if something isn't working for you at all, you'd spend less money paying the ETF than continuing with the contract. However, it's your decision, of course. 🙂

Not sure what ETF stands for?

maratsade

Amount of money you have to pay for terminating the contract early.

Thank You!

GabeU

@allred509 wrote:

Not sure what ETF stands for?

I know maratsade already explained what it means, but it stands for Early Termination Fee.  

Here's the link to the terms of the ETF. 

With regard to Youtube, it can be somewhat problematic for me in the thick of the evening digital rush (~7PM EST - ~11PM EST), but outside of that it tends to be okay, for the most part.  I usually keep it to 480p or under in order to increase the chance of it working well and save data.