can not update to 6.2.5Status meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linro5
Freshman

can not update to 6.2.5Status meter

I got a message to download to the new 6.2.5.0 Status Meter. I downloaded the file and tried  to update.After the update i had an empty Program with no comments, usage graphs,  only a circle in the tray with the % of allotted usage left. I uninstalled the old and the new program and downloaded the new file again. Same result. Uninstalled. All together i downloaded  the new program from the dashboard 2 times, same result. I called the tech support. They made me uninstall and download 2 more times. No results, now i should wait 24 hours............
All i did loose a lot of download time that Hughes is most likely will not reimburse me for.
I went back and reinstalled the old version that bi had saved and it still works fine. I bet you nobody will call with a resolution to my problem. just the way nobody ever solved my problem a year ago that i can still not order the virus protection from zone alarm per month trough Hughes.
10 REPLIES 10
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

First, it is version 6.5.2 and be sure to uninstall the older version first. I have found this to work is all else fails: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hi-im-having-trouble-with-the-hughesnet-status-me...
knerkin2
Freshman

A major heads up: if you are running a 32-bit OS, DO NOT attempt to install this version of the meter; it is for 64-bit machines only. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yea, 32 bit is going the way of XP, pretty much obsolete. I hated to give up my 16 bit games, lol. Although some good emulators out there.
linro5
Freshman

I did uninstall first!
linro5
Freshman

I have a 64-bit machine!
linro5
Freshman

i use a 64bit machine
Liz

Good morning linro5,

Thanks for posting. At this point, after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times directly from the Dashboard, I'm unsure what could be the cause. Have there been any changes to your computer? 

By chance do you have another machine/laptop on which you can test to see whether this persists? I downloaded the new Status Meter version just last week on our test machine and it works fine. I'm thinking something on that machine isn't playing nicely with the Status Meter.

If you need a quick way to check your usage an alternative would be to make your System Control Center (SCC) your browser's homepage, or at least bookmark it for easy access. The SCC is at 192.168.0.1 and loads quickly, as it is hosted on your modem.

Then if you need to purchase tokens, you may do so from the Dashboard.

I do apologize I did not find a resolution to your antivirus concerns from before; I've escalated but to no avail. There are free alternatives which work perfectly fine; I've personally used Avast for years and currently use Panda on my home PC. Here's a list of current recommended free antivirus programs: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp

I've also sent you some free tokens for your Status Meter installation attempts, so you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for those complimentary tokens.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

bwbalint

Must have missed the instructions to uninstall the older version first.  I missed it, because there is no instruction to uninstall the older version first!! 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

bwbalint,

There are no instructions for such because normally it's not necessary.
deepdiver1
Sophomore

I think my install did the removal prior to the install starting. In any case, now I only get a blank screen on my WIN10 64 bit machine.