cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access Treasury Direct

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: can't access Treasury Direct

I am having the same issue. However, none of the proposed here solutions worked for me.

The solution that I found is to connect my computer, specifically my laptop (haven't yet tried my desktop) to my cell phone's hot spot, rather than to HughesNet. Then, the Treasury Direct website was perfectly accesible. 

Please fix the issue ASAP. 

Thank you.

Freshman

I needed to use treasurydirect.gov and also could not get at it even after disabling web acceleration. I will need the money so hope this can get fixed. ⚠️

Freshman

When I reported this problem in December I could sometimes get at the site but then not being able to do anything there. When I tried to pulled up the page to login I got the same error about not being able to connect. Just reacing the site may not prove things are working.  I reboted the modem and then go to the site once and then could not do anything. 

Tags (1)

Hello everyone,

My apologies for the wait, I understand that this is quite frustrating. I've reached out to our engineers again this morning for an update.

Thank you,

Amanda

mo3
New Poster

Hi Amanda,

I appreciate your willingness to try to help those of us having issues.

Please let us know ASAP as soon as a fix is found.  Just like the other users, I have encountered this problem in the past, but it is normally short-lived (a day or two).  It has been over one week now since the website has been inaccessible via HughesNet. 

Thanks!

Mo3

Hello everyone,

Our engineers did pinpoint the root cause, however the upcoming fix may take some time to be complete. In the meantime you should be able to access the website by temporarily disabling IPv6 on your device. Depending on the device you are using the instructions will vary. Please post here if you need instructions for a specific platform or operating system.

Thank you,

Amanda

Freshman

That worked for me.  Thank you very much!  Nothing like not being able to access your tax forms when you have procrastinated preparing your taxes!

Freshman

@ZPHugheswrote:

I am having the same issue. However, none of the proposed here solutions worked for me.

The solution that I found is to connect my computer, specifically my laptop (haven't yet tried my desktop) to my cell phone's hot spot, rather than to HughesNet. Then, the Treasury Direct website was perfectly accesible. 

Please fix the issue ASAP. 

Thank you.

This is the post I was referring to that allowed me to access Treasury Direct.  And, I used it on my desktop.

Freshman

Amanda,

We went throught this problem last year and it took a while for the engineers to "fix it".  Well here we are again with the same problem.  I know it is frustrating for you to not get correct info from those who are supposed to deal with these issues.  I can go to a neighbor's and use their internet access (not Hughes) with my tablet and immediately gain access.  (Tablet wouldn't work on Hughes.)  So we know it is the Hughes system.  Please get it fixed and tell the engineers to keep it fixed.  It shouldn't happen again and again!

I'd probably get kinda antsy if that were the case for me too @shardie1 ! Glad to hear you can get there now.

@BruceD - last year it does not appear that our engineers actually did anything to change the issue. Nevertheless, I will send your message to them.

Again if anyone needs assistance or further instructions on the IPv6 workaround please let me know.

Thanks,

Amanda