can't connect to gmail or att email accounts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knotreel
Freshman

can't connect to gmail or att email accounts

about two weeks ago I started getting smtp "timed out" when sending gmail. About a week ago I could not connect to my att mail aand then my gmail addresses. I have reset all those acconts tryine std. server settings for them, both imap and pop. Then I finally was able to get a gmail to setup and even send and recieve by bypassing my router and putting the cat5 into the hughes net "modem". Now, today the two gmails don't work and won't connect to the server even bypassing the router. this is common to both my desk tops, both running win7. During this time there have been no win7 updates but there have been a few Microsoft Security Essentials updates. I am wondering if there could be something wrong with my Hughesnet connection, since that is common to all the bad stuff that has happened. ( except the router which not doesnot seem a suspect. Since this started I have never been able to reconnect via my email clients (thunderbird and outlook 2007) but can connect to all the accounts via the web.This did prompt me to finally set up my hughes.net email which works fine all the time. I Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning knotreel,

Glad to hear it. Thank you for letting us know, I've informed the engineers. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have additional questions.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
wlfuller
New Poster

I am in the same situation.  I can log into our webmail from browser and GMail can pick up my POP3 email.

I even contacted our mail server host to see if they were blocking any of hughesnet's IPs, which they are not.  Something has to be going on with HughesNet.

RogerHinton
Freshman

Sounds like you are experiencing the same issues that I have. My problem started around the 19th or 20th.

yes, mine started about that time too. Whats the chance my two pc's both suddenly stopped getting email, then bypassing my router sort's rules that out, setting up another email client (outlook) again points the blame away from client issues. I think huges net is becomming my prome suspect.

It will be interesting to see how long your router fix will work. Mine was short lived.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Curious, what is everyones IPGW?  You can find it at http://192.168.0.1 under System Status, it should say "IP Gateway Association State: Associated (Data IPGW - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"  What I would like to know is what's in the XXXXXX.

Apparently my Modem has older firm ware.   I can not locate the IP Gateway Association State: Associated (Data IPGW under System Status.   So I took screen shots of my System Status. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Not out-dated, that's just the way an HN9000 works/looks.

Is everyone with this complaint on the HN9000?  If so, have any of you considered upgrading to JupiterII (Gen5)?  The old satellite is pretty much nearing end of life at this point.

Here is my status from HT1100 modem.

status.jpg

here's mine

IP Gateway Association State

System Summary
State Code0.0.0 - Fully operational
Summary Operational StateUp
Data Allowance Remaining36.9 GB

System Status
Satellite Receive StatusUp
Satellite Transmit StatusUp
LAN StatusUp 3 FD
IP Gateway Association StateAssociated (Data IPGW - BOI53HNSIGW62F001Adv)
TCP AccelerationUp
Web AccelerationUp
Suspension StateNot Suspended
Software Download StatusUp to date

is there any way to bring this issue to the attention of somebody at Hughes net?

No plans on upgrading ... unless they can do it without signing a contract and we can keep our same plan.

I too would like to know if this problem can be elevated to someone higher at HughesNet.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@wlfuller wrote:

No plans on upgrading ... unless they can do it without signing a contract and we can keep our same plan.

Yeah... That wouldn't happen, though, have no idea what your planning for when Spaceway3 goes offline, it will happen sooner or later.

@wlfuller wrote:

I too would like to know if this problem can be elevated to someone higher at HughesNet.

Hughesnet is already aware of your issues, maybe @Liz can chime in.

Hi folks,

Welcome to the community and thank you all for posting your experiences. Your threads have already caught our engineers' eyes and they are currently investigating. Once I have any additional updates to share, I will post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,    Thanks for the info. Maybe you are right sbout MS.

6/14/2017 windows update installed the following on my win 7 pc.

Office Suite KB3203436 , KB3191837, KB3191828

power point KB312888,

Office compatablity service pack3  KB3203438

Word KB3203441

Outlook KB3191898

malicious software removal tool KB890830

some other stuff; KB4022719, KB31183047

this does sorta fit the timeline for my issues. maybe these were issued a few days before, but could be?

I tried uninstalling this update and it made no difference. - Outlook KB3191898

My Windows XP and Vista (yes I am still using these operating systems) have not updated in years.  In fact I have updates turned off for both computers.   So I really don't think that has anything to do with my POP3 email problem. 

Thank you Liz for the info and looking forward to hearing from you and the engineers.

Wanda

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wlfuller wrote:

My Windows XP and Vista (yes I am still using these operating systems) have not updated in years.   

And you still trust them enough to use them?

Yes I do trust them.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@wlfuller wrote:

My Windows XP and Vista (yes I am still using these operating systems) have not updated in years.

Wanda

....then you are one of those people that like to help spread malware and be a part of a botnet I assume yes?  Patch your crap, M$ actually released a patch in the last month over some serious security vulnerabilities.

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

@wlfuller wrote:

Wanda

....then you are one of those people that like to help spread malware and be a part of a botnet I assume yes?  Patch your crap, M$ actually released a patch in the last month over some serious security vulnerabilities.

I'm sorry @C0RR0SIVE but I am NOT one of "those people" that is spreading malware and being part of a botnet.  My XP and Vista are fully secured with or without Microsoft's updates.