can't connect to gmail or att email accounts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knotreel
Freshman

can't connect to gmail or att email accounts

about two weeks ago I started getting smtp "timed out" when sending gmail. About a week ago I could not connect to my att mail aand then my gmail addresses. I have reset all those acconts tryine std. server settings for them, both imap and pop. Then I finally was able to get a gmail to setup and even send and recieve by bypassing my router and putting the cat5 into the hughes net "modem". Now, today the two gmails don't work and won't connect to the server even bypassing the router. this is common to both my desk tops, both running win7. During this time there have been no win7 updates but there have been a few Microsoft Security Essentials updates. I am wondering if there could be something wrong with my Hughesnet connection, since that is common to all the bad stuff that has happened. ( except the router which not doesnot seem a suspect. Since this started I have never been able to reconnect via my email clients (thunderbird and outlook 2007) but can connect to all the accounts via the web.This did prompt me to finally set up my hughes.net email which works fine all the time. I Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning knotreel,

Glad to hear it. Thank you for letting us know, I've informed the engineers. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have additional questions.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32