cannot connect any devices to internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtennant0703
New Poster

cannot connect any devices to internet

i have not been able to use our internet for a week now because there is an exclamation mark on my wifi symbol. every device that i have tried to connect fails. i have called customer support almost every day & they say that they will have someone sent out to our house but, no one ever shows up. no one calls or comes out.

at this point, after trying to fix it myself & looking up different possible issues that could be the cause of the problem, i don't think that anyone needs to come fix it. i think the actual router is the issue.
i have talked with customer support & they couldn't find anything wrong. when i type in the IP address it still says that there is no internet connection.

any other suggestions? or should i call & ask to be sent a new router?
13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jtennant0703 

Where is it that you're seeing the exclamation point?  Is it on your devices or, if you have a LAN cable connectible device to access the modem, in the modem's System Control Center?  If it's in the System Control Center, are you seeing it in the State Code line, and if so, what is the accompanying State Code?

it's showing the exclamation point on my devices that i try to connect. it may also be in the other thing that you said, but i don't know what that is or how to see it.
GabeU

@jtennant0703 

If you're using a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable, click on the blue System Control Center link in my prior reply.  The page it will take you to will have a System Summary box near the top.  In that box will be a State Code and, if it's anything other than 0.0.0, there will be an exclamation point on the right hand side.  The State Code can give a quick indication of what's wrong.

This is mine, though it's this way due to me having the 5Ghz radio deliberately disabled...

Capture.JPG

i can't get to that. i've tried putting in the IP adress on everything & it says can't connect.
GabeU

@jtennant0703 

You're connected directly to the HughesNet modem, with no 3rd party router in between, correct?   

If so, can you get to it by using the following address?  

http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com/

If so, click on System Status at the top of the page and that should take you to the page with the information.

i have it connected to the playstation through the cable. when i try to go to that website or type in the IP address it still says it can't connect.
i have also tried connecting it to my laptop with the cable and do the same thing (systemcontrolcenter & IP address) but it gives me the same message.

Hello @jtennant0703,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear your service is currently down. We do not have communication on our side so I am unable to provide information on the specific issue you are experiencing. I do see you called in to have a technician come out. It looks like our scheduling department has been attempting to contact you for the past two days but they have been unable to reach you. By law, the technician is not allowed to show up without customer confirmation. This is why customer contact is an important step.

If you would like to provide a better contact number, please private message me this information. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and I hope our scheduling department is able to reach you soon. 

-Damian 

i have given them my cell phone number & my husband's phone number & i never got any phone calls from them between Tuesday - Thursday. no missed calls or voicemails on my end.
i'm gone during the day at work & my husband is home so he's been waiting for them all week.

is there a phone number i can call to talk to them? because i've given them the only 2 phone numbers we have.

@jtennant0703

It appears the dispatch was canceled today, as it has been 5 days without any contact. I understand you believe you did not receive any calls but our scheduling notes show many attempts on different days. It is possible the number we have may have been entered incorrectly which could have caused this. I highly recommend calling our support number at 1-866-347-3292 and having another appointment scheduled as well as inquiring about the number that was originally attached to your service order. If it was a mistake on our part and it is confirmed by the representative you speak with, I will provide compensation for the inconvenience. Please keep me updated on the results of your call with us. 

-Damian  

i was going to call again tonight & try to set up another time for someone to come out. & make sure the phone numbers are right. i'll double check the scam block is turned off on our phones & answer everything. but if no one comes this week, then can i just get a new router sent to me? since that will probably be cheaper for both of us & less trouble.

@jtennant0703,

I am confident once this appointment is scheduled again and we are able to confirm with you, a new modem replacement will not be needed. Also, if you are having an issue that requires a technician, it is most likely to do with the dish outside which is not something we can fully alter remotely. 

-Damian 

the technician came out & put in a new router. didn't even mess with the dish outside. they should have just sent me a new one so i wouldn't have to pay for some stranger to come out to my house. but it's fixed.

@jtennant0703,

Like I said previously, the issue was most likely with the dish outside if the original representative recommended this as the correct method. In your case, this was not the specific issue you were experiencing, however, it is more time and cost-effective to do it this way as opposed to issuing out a new modem and hoping that solves the problem. When the technician arrives at the location, they are able to determine the specific issue once the modem is powered back on. In your case, this was the only thing that needed to be done. With that being said, I am glad to hear your service is back up and running. If you ever need assistance in the future, please reach out again. 

-Damian