cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect any devices to internet

New Poster

Re: cannot connect any devices to internet

i was going to call again tonight & try to set up another time for someone to come out. & make sure the phone numbers are right. i'll double check the scam block is turned off on our phones & answer everything. but if no one comes this week, then can i just get a new router sent to me? since that will probably be cheaper for both of us & less trouble.

@jtennant0703,

I am confident once this appointment is scheduled again and we are able to confirm with you, a new modem replacement will not be needed. Also, if you are having an issue that requires a technician, it is most likely to do with the dish outside which is not something we can fully alter remotely. 

-Damian 

New Poster

the technician came out & put in a new router. didn't even mess with the dish outside. they should have just sent me a new one so i wouldn't have to pay for some stranger to come out to my house. but it's fixed.

@jtennant0703,

Like I said previously, the issue was most likely with the dish outside if the original representative recommended this as the correct method. In your case, this was not the specific issue you were experiencing, however, it is more time and cost-effective to do it this way as opposed to issuing out a new modem and hoping that solves the problem. When the technician arrives at the location, they are able to determine the specific issue once the modem is powered back on. In your case, this was the only thing that needed to be done. With that being said, I am glad to hear your service is back up and running. If you ever need assistance in the future, please reach out again. 

-Damian