cannot reach an internet site

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvanbeek
New Poster

cannot reach an internet site

I have Gen5 and have had it for about a year. There were no issues during this time in accessing various sites, especially those place that we needed to access for client reporting to the State of Michigan. Beginning the first of the year I have not been able to access the site of 'milogintp.michigan.gov". I get an error that states site not available and to recheck your modem. There does not seem to be anything wrong with the modem as I can access other sites ie amazon, facebook, etc. I have check 3 other devices and each of them cannot access the site using Hughes net. I then took my phone and using only 4g data I was able to access the site. This is telling me that something has happened with hughes net and I am being blocked somehow. Again everything was OK in Dec of 2018 and now I cannot connect. Things I have done: I turned off the modem and waited 5 minutes. I also turned off the computer. I then restarted the modem and when it was up and running I turned on the computer. Tried to access the site and no luck.

I am not currently at the Hughes net location but the modem is on if you need to access it from your end

19 REPLIES 19

@rvanbeek wrote:

..................... I have not been able to access the site of 'milogintp.michigan.gov".

Hmmm.  Works for me using gen5 from down here in Florida.

Sorry about that earlier empty reply.           
Liz

Good morning rvanbeek,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We surely want to get this resolved for you so I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics to ensure there wasn't anything out of the ordinary with the HughesNet system--all good!

Let's try disabling Web Acceleration in the modem to see if you can access the site and log in.

Here’s how to toggle Web Acceleration. You should only disable Web Acceleration as a workaround for specific scenarios - more often than not those scenarios involve accessing a specific site. For optimal speeds please remember to enable Web Acceleration once you have accessed the website in question.

1. Visit the System Control Center (SCC) http://192.168.0.1 in your web browser.

2. Click the gray "i" icon at the top to go to Advanced Configuration.

3. Click on "Web Acceleration" in the left side menu bar.

4. Click on "Control" under Web Acceleration sub-menu.

5. Click on "Web Acceleration Enabled", this will change to an orange button that says "Web Acceleration Disabled".

Please let me know if this makes a difference.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I am experiencing the same problem.  Unable to reach a site that is necessary with my work.  The site is

https://secure1.state.mi.us/wellogic/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fwellogic%2fHome.aspx

I have tried all of the above and no luck!

Try rebooting your modem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Reboot modem... that was the first thing that was tried.

Then you'll likely need to reboot everything hooked up to the modem in order, because the corrupted DNS entry propagated to your device(s) and it's just playing a game of hot potato with it.

1. Shut down all devices (computers, phones, extra routers/game adapters, game consoles, etc.)

2. Unplug the modem's power from the wall

3. Wait 60 seconds, and replug the modem into the wall.

4. When all the lights on the modem are lit, start turning all your devices back on.

What this does is makes sure that all DNSs are synched to the modem, and not something on the network.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Liz. I cannot find a grey i icon other than the one that says this is an unsecure site.  It displays the warning but won't let me go any further.

I have also tried to connect with other Michigan Gov. agencies and did not have a problem connecting with the Secretary of State for Vehicle license plates.  So me the only site is the milogintp.michigan.gov.

Any suggestion on following the directions for the system control center?

Hi rvanbeek,

Thank you for the additional information. The grey "i" icon is to the right of the language selection at the top of the SCC. It's faint, but it's there!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I also tried shutting everything down as instructed and there still is no change.

Liz

Hi lhunt,

Thanks for specifying that you're also trying to access a Michigan government site. Our engineers are looking into this. To be clear, you're not even able to access that URL? You just get an error message when trying to visit?

We need to distinguish whether one can access a site, but not be able to log in, from one who can't access a site at all.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Yes, unable to access the site entirely.

Thank you

Liz.. are there any updates regarding web site access for https://milogintp.michigan.gov   When I was suppose to disable accelerator, was I also suppose to reboot.  I did not do that.  

Liz... I don't know what happened but it's working.   Rich

Thanks for the clarification, lhunt.

Rich, no need to reboot after disabling Web Accelerator. Intereresting to hear that the site is working for you now. Any issues logging in? I'll let the engineers know.

Liz

I just tried and was able to get on the site, as well as log in.  Not sure what the change was, but it's finally working!

Thank you!

lhunt, glad to hear the same from you too! I'll be happy to send this feedback to the engineers as well. I'll leave this thread open for a few more days just in case. Let us know if anything changes (I hope nothing does).

Liz

Disabling Web Acceleration made no difference?

Please post a screenshot of the error you see when attempting to visit that site, and include the browser's address bar so we can see the URL. I will send this over to our engineers who are already investigating.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

That didn't work for me either.  

https://milogintp.michigan.gov

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

This is the error that I got when trying to access the site.   Something happened at the first of the year to change this.  Everything worked fine in 2018.  Was there a firmware update around this time with the modem.