cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checked data usage again and not possible...the BBB needs to hear about this!!!

Honorary Alumnus

Re: checked data usage again and not possible...the BBB needs to hear about this!!!

Streaming movies means nothing to me ... so the data caps are meaningless.

We have over 2000 DVD's and at this age, with that many, its like seeing them for the first time when replayed Smiley Happy

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: checked data usage again and not possible...the BBB needs to hear about this!!!

Over 2000!?  Sheesh!  I don't even think I'd have room for 2000 DVDs in my little house.  Dat's a lotta movies! 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Well, we have no problem streaming Netflix but then we do it in low definition and not for 5 hours a day. Amazed it looks fine on new 55" TV. Gotta have my Peaky Blinders and other shows available on Netflix.

BirdDog,

When you mentioned that Peaky Blinders the other day I had to look it up.  I thought maybe it had to do with horses or something, but it looks pretty cool.  Maybe some day BBC America will show it or one of the pay movie channels. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Bottom line is I am not pleased with this company, but unfortunately there is really nothing anyone can or will do to truly fix it. There is a reason you guys lock us in at two years right? My point being that your internet, small caps and etc, frankly just aren't good, so you lock us in at two years to ensure that you will get your money. Whether that means someone stays with the less than average service for two years before they leave, or decide to shell out the $400 (or whatever it is) to cancel the service and go to something more reliable. Lets just be honest, you guys know your customers have limited options, which is why you can offer 10GB of internet for $50 a month. To me that is outrageous and I wish you offered something a little better, then maybe all your feedback wouldn't be classified as "problems". GabeU, that's great that you have an abundance of time to be able to check your usage, apparently more than once daily. But myself, and I'm sure many others do not have that kind of time to do that between working, family and keeping up with with everyday life. I can go on and on how I think and truly believe that you guys lie about the amount of usage that people are actually using, but that really won't do any good since I can't, or don't know how to prove how much data I am actually using aside from what your company offers. Which I think is inaccurate, if I wasn't clear. It's just funny to me that me, my wife, my brother and his wife do not use even close to 10GB a month on our cell phone plan and we all stream music, videos and Facebook without WIFI on a daily basis. Something just is not adding up here. I really think you guys are just trying to squeeze all you can out of your customers and as I said before I am counting down the months until we are done with Hughes.

Bottom line is I am not pleased with this company, but unfortunately there is really nothing anyone can or will do to truly fix it. There is a reason you guys lock us in at two years right? My point being that your internet, small caps and etc, frankly just aren't good, so you lock us in at two years to ensure that you will get your money. Whether that means someone stays with the less than average service for two years before they leave, or decide to shell out the $400 (or whatever it is) to cancel the service and go to something more reliable. Lets just be honest, you guys know your customers have limited options, which is why you can offer 10GB of internet for $50 a month. To me that is outrageous and I wish you offered something a little better, then maybe all your feedback wouldn't be classified as "problems". GabeU, that's great that you have an abundance of time to be able to check your usage, apparently more than once daily. But myself, and I'm sure many others do not have that kind of time to do that between working, family and keeping up with with everyday life. I can go on and on how I think and truly believe that you guys lie about the amount of usage that people are actually using, but that really won't do any good since I can't, or don't know how to prove how much data I am actually using aside from what your company offers. Which I think is inaccurate, if I wasn't clear. It's just funny to me that me, my wife, my brother and his wife do not use even close to 10GB a month on our cell phone plan and we all stream music, videos and Facebook without WIFI on a daily basis. Something just is not adding up here. I really think you guys are just trying to squeeze all you can out of your customers and as I said before I am counting down the months until we are done with Hughes.

To check for data leaks, follow the instructions below.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wheres-my-bytes-how-to-test-for-data-leaks

You knew about the data caps when you signed up.  There's no point in complaining about them now.  You'll just have to learn to use the data within it's means, like the rest of us.   

To check for data leaks, follow the instructions below.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wheres-my-bytes-how-to-test-for-data-leaks

You knew about the data caps when you signed up.  There's no point in complaining about them now.  You'll just have to learn to use the data within it's means, like the rest of us.   

New Poster

Definitely not a fair question.
New Poster

Not true